Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Those HUGE 20" natural arms (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14924)

BendtheBar 09-10-2013 02:12 PM

Those HUGE 20" natural arms
 
For anyone keeping score: Number of naturals who claim to be lean (15-18% or lower) with 20" arms: 8,903, number of naturals who have provided pictures of their lean 20" natural arms: zero

I have written several articles that explain natural muscle building expectations and am frequently attacked. Not a single pic has surfaced.

moeheep 09-10-2013 02:15 PM

Thats less proof than bigfoot and the loche ness monster

mrbrown55 09-10-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 406344)
For anyone keeping score: Number of naturals who claim to be lean (15-18% or lower) with 20" arms: 8,903, number of naturals who have provided pictures of their lean 20" natural arms: zero

I have written several articles that explain natural muscle building expectations and am frequently attacked. Not a single pic has surfaced.

Do you have links to those articles? Wiuld like to read them. Watched your video on the subject and found it to be informative. I'm natural myself and will probably never take steroids as I'm not competing in anything so there's no point really.
What's your opinion?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

afraziaaaa 09-10-2013 04:26 PM

A friend of mine has been using steroids for over 12 years cycling on and off. He is 5'10", 247lbs, less than 10% body fat and his arms are just over 19" cold. This is a naturally skinny guy though who started training 15 years ago at 145lbs body weight.

I agree that 20" arms for a lean natural physique is pretty unrealistic, but maybe its achievable with the right genetics?

BigJosh 09-10-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afraziaaaa (Post 406377)
A friend of mine has been using steroids for over 12 years cycling on and off. He is 5'10", 247lbs, less than 10% body fat and his arms are just over 19" cold. This is a naturally skinny guy though who started training 15 years ago at 145lbs body weight.

I agree that 20" arms for a lean natural physique is pretty unrealistic, but maybe its achievable with the right genetics?

I think your friend does not meet the criteria of being a natural if he cycled on and off steroids for 20 years.
BtB was referring to lean naturals, not someone like your friend who used PEDs.
Quote:

Originally Posted by moeheep (Post 406347)
Thats less proof than bigfoot and the loche ness monster

I found this incredlibly funny and somewhat true.

glwanabe 09-10-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afraziaaaa (Post 406377)
I agree that 20" arms for a lean natural physique is pretty unrealistic, but maybe its achievable with the right genetics?

No.

kitarpyar 09-10-2013 07:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Trust me bro, I am natural with 21" arms. Its just that my camera explodes each time I try to photograph them. :D

Joking aside, 20" nattie arms would be very difficult, whilst staying lean. If anybody looks beyond the bloated Weider mags measurements, you would see that Arnold taped at 19.75 close to the 72 Olympia, with Sergio Olivia having the biggest lean biceps around that time (just over 20, IIRC). Neither Arnold nor Sergio were natties. Both were genetic marvels, great champions who were, however, not naturals.

A bulked up nattie with close to 20" guns around 20% BF would look darn impressive.

A reasonably lean nattie with 17" guns would look very impressive too.

Here's shots of Reg Parks, Steve Reeves, Bill Davey (former Musclemania HW champ) and Ade Rai (another former HW musclemania champ who claimed to be natural). All of them are 6'0" or taller. None of them have arms over 18" (or weigh over 230 lbs - Rai at 6'0" 205 lbs is the smallest - but his amazing genetics probably creates the best illusion).

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/att...1&d=1378857866

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/att...1&d=1378857866

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/att...1&d=1378857866

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/att...1&d=1378857875

afraziaaaa 09-10-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJosh (Post 406398)
I think your friend does not meet the criteria of being a natural if he cycled on and off steroids for 20 years.
BtB was referring to lean naturals, not someone like your friend who used PEDs.

No shit. If someone who has used steroids for over 12 years and trains religiously doesn't have 20" arms, then it is ludicrous to think that a lean natural would. That was my point.

BigJosh 09-10-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afraziaaaa (Post 406425)
No shit. If someone who has used steroids for over 12 years and trains religiously doesn't have 20" arms, then it is ludicrous to think that a lean natural would. That was my point.

Ahhhh... understood. My bad.

BendtheBar 09-10-2013 09:38 PM

There might be some large boned guys that might be able to pull it off. I have yet to see it though.

Having been in the industry, met most of the big names and seen many contests, you rarely find anyone under 15% with over 18 inch arms. Most of the guys that claim size have much higher bodyfat than they think. They believe they are lean, but are not.

I have 19" arms when I am big, 17.5" when I am 20% bodyfat, and about 16.75" when I am very lean.

My main point was that every Tom, Dick and Harry claims they have 20" arms, or a friend has 20" arms, yet when asked for a picture they disappear.

Quote:

What's your opinion?


Having studied a lot of the research, the simplest method I have to guestimating potential arm size naturally is to add 10 inches to your wrist. This would be a good relatively lean goal. At 25% you might add 11" to your wrist size, and maybe up to 12 or 12.5" for 40% plus bodyfat.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.