Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Changing Up The Game (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14912)

Adamite1114 09-09-2013 04:54 AM

Changing Up The Game

Hey everyone, I'm a bit newer to the site but i felt like sharing my routine with yall. Enjoy! Please comment or post how ever you feel.

Recently I've been trying to get back to hitting the iron but, no offense to Steve, I had a really hard time finding a workout on Muscle and Brawn or Muscle and Strength that I found worked well for me. I like fullbody workouts but I wanted to be in the gym more than that. And the routines on the websites were good but I wanted to squat, deadlift, and bench at least twice a week. So I designed this four day split workout that I think works pretty well.

THE WORKOUT

The whole body is worked twice a week. You squat, deadlift, and bench twice a week. Each day your in the gym you work two different body parts (alternating heavy and light days for those parts.)

Monday (Heavy Bench Day)
Bench 3x5
Wide Grip Bench 3x6-8
Close Grip Bench 3x6-8
Front Delt Raise 3x10
Side Delt Raise 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x8

Tuesday (Heavy Squat Day)
Squats 3x5
Leg Curl 3x6-8
Leg Extension 3x6-8
Deadlift 3x10
Chin-ups 3xMAX
Barbell Curl 3x6-8

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday (Heavy Military Day)
Military Press 3x5
Dumbbell Press 3x6-8
Reverse Fly 3x6-8
Bench 3x10
Incline Bench 3x10
Cable Tricep Extention 3x10

Friday (Heavy Deadlift Day)
Deadlift 3x5
Pull-ups 3xMAX
Barbell or Cable Rows 3x6-8
Squats 3x10
Leg Press 3x10
Seated Hammer Curls 3x10

Saturday - Sunday - REST AND EAT!!!

Thanks for reading!!! :greenlift:

zach90 09-09-2013 08:27 AM

what are your goals with this routine and how long have you been doing this routine and what were your results with it

BendtheBar 09-09-2013 10:43 AM

What is your method of progression, and are you maximizing every set?

I would note that with all that benching you won't need front delt work. You're also doing far more pushing than pulling. You have 15 sets of bench variations and 3 sets of rows. This should be addressed.

brad1224 09-09-2013 10:55 AM

i agree with BTB. you are over working your front delts. in just about all pressing movements you hit your front delts.

ruelisla 09-09-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamite1114 (Post 405911)
Hey everyone, I'm a bit newer to the site but i felt like sharing my routine with yall. Enjoy! Please comment or post how ever you feel.

Recently I've been trying to get back to hitting the iron but, no offense to Steve, I had a really hard time finding a workout on Muscle and Brawn or Muscle and Strength that I found worked well for me. I like fullbody workouts but I wanted to be in the gym more than that. And the routines on the websites were good but I wanted to squat, deadlift, and bench at least twice a week. So I designed this four day split workout that I think works pretty well.

THE WORKOUT

The whole body is worked twice a week. You squat, deadlift, and bench twice a week. Each day your in the gym you work two different body parts (alternating heavy and light days for those parts.)

Monday (Heavy Bench Day)
Bench 3x5
Wide Grip Bench 3x6-8
Close Grip Bench 3x6-8
Front Delt Raise 3x10
Side Delt Raise 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x8

Tuesday (Heavy Squat Day)
Squats 3x5
Leg Curl 3x6-8
Leg Extension 3x6-8
Deadlift 3x10
Chin-ups 3xMAX
Barbell Curl 3x6-8

Wednesday - Rest

Thursday (Heavy Military Day)
Military Press 3x5
Dumbbell Press 3x6-8
Reverse Fly 3x6-8
Bench 3x10
Incline Bench 3x10
Cable Tricep Extention 3x10

Friday (Heavy Deadlift Day)
Deadlift 3x5
Pull-ups 3xMAX
Barbell or Cable Rows 3x6-8
Squats 3x10
Leg Press 3x10
Seated Hammer Curls 3x10

Saturday - Sunday - REST AND EAT!!!

Thanks for reading!!! :greenlift:

Great workout, i also do the same but for me i do heavy and light day so i will not be overtrained or hit the plateau.

Adamite1114 09-09-2013 12:26 PM

I had totally forgotten the connection between bench and front delt raises I'll have to address that and the number of sets before I go in today. I'm am progressing in weight almost every time I go in. On heavy sets if you can do three sets for five reps with a set weight then go up the next week. This progression has been working very well for me. I've been doing this workout for only a few weeks now. Currently I am at a 230 squat, a 160 bench, and 185 deadlift. My goals are to get my squat up to 300 in fourteen weeks, my bench to 200 in nine weeks, and my deadlift to 200 in 4-8 weeks.

Adamite1114 09-09-2013 12:34 PM

Do you guys think it would be better to add sets for pulling or add exercises?

skids 09-09-2013 02:19 PM

Just my 2 cents,

Man there is a lot of stuff going on in this workout. I train full body 3 times a week. I'm working on a every other day system but I'm using compounds only !. My tired body doesn't have enough will power to recover from a workout that has so much little muscle improver lifts.

Seems a little complicated to me :cool:, but whatever works for you.

Cheers Nath

Adamite1114 09-09-2013 02:45 PM

Alright I've decided to switch the Front felt raises with either smith press or shrugs. And I e also added dumbbell rows to Tuesday and cable rows to friday