Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
the layne norton style holds merit, but i do believe that with a few tweaks a intermediate could see some benefits of incorporating his idea, for instance dropping it back to 4 days a week with an upper lower split similar to the one Kmano used when he came over here (that was one of my tweaked routines). but i do agree that your lifting should stay rather basic until a certain point, but if someone is an aspiring bodybuilder its a tough lot to get it through their heads that they will be fine without all the extra work.
Any split works as long as heavy compounds and progression are at the core. That's why Layne's system is very good.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #12
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

Though I am pulled from this reality every day, the truth remains that all the science in the world doesn't mean jack to me as I bend over and grab the bar. It's me versus the bar.

I am not minimizing science. But the biggest and the baddest didn't have a damn clue about training science. They just killed the weight.

I am happy to say that I spent my life killing the weight. I didn't do anything fancy. I learned my body.
The science always has been, and always will be there. You just don't need to take it with you to the bar. The only science you need with you when you lift is you log with your sets written down that your going to perform. Stay the course and stick to the plan.

Keep it as simple as possible, so that you can concentrate on doing a few things really well. Science can explain why your arm is 17", but it was the lifting of the weights that made it so?

Good stuff.

glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #13
TitanWIP
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39

TitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
the layne norton style holds merit, but i do believe that with a few tweaks a intermediate could see some benefits of incorporating his idea, for instance dropping it back to 4 days a week with an upper lower split similar to the one Kmano used when he came over here (that was one of my tweaked routines). but i do agree that your lifting should stay rather basic until a certain point, but if someone is an aspiring bodybuilder its a tough lot to get it through their heads that they will be fine without all the extra work.
I mean no disrepect Grim83. I am a big time lurker on this board. But I suck and am still learning. I remember the day MAB (Or BTB) put up the thread about this being a forum where guys must post pictures or videos of themselves to be able to give out advice. I won't post a picture of myself and don't give advice.

I really respect this kind of forum. It tries to keep everything real. We know who's behind the words of each post. I hope it stays that way.

I know some guys don't post pictures. But I also see that for the most part they obey MAB's rule. Again, I don't mean any disrespect. But for our sake could you post a picture or video? I don't care if you have muscle or you don't. That's not the point. It just builds respect and trust, which is hard to find on lifting forums. This is one of the few.

But like MAB says, for every member on the board there are thousands who read the forum who aren't members. To be fair to everyone, it's nice to have an image behind the words. I respect you and your posts. I like reading your articles. I know a lot of guys here respect you and I'm just saying that to respect them back, slap up a pic.

Sorry to take this thread off track.
TitanWIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:15 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post

Awesome picture! Amazing thickness.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #15
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Awesome picture! Amazing thickness.
It goes back to what we have talked about. The thickness is because of how they worked out.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
It goes back to what we have talked about. The thickness is because of how they worked out.
Do we know Eiferman's routine? I can't remember if I've come across it or posted it.

Comparing him to Norton, there is such a shocking difference. I'm not putting down Norton - he is one strong and ripped mofo - but Eiferman looks like the hulk next to him.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #17
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Do we know Eiferman's routine? I can't remember if I've come across it or posted it.

Comparing him to Norton, there is such a shocking difference. I'm not putting down Norton - he is one strong and ripped mofo - but Eiferman looks like the hulk next to him.
I'll do some digging, and see what I can find. Gotta go play taxi driver for the kids right now.

Did some digging and can't really find anything detailed right now. There's only some sporadic small articles about forearms, and some muscle beach stuff. In my Steve Reeves book he talks about George and him being workout partners at one point.

I tend to think just a good basic compound heavy strength routine employing some oly work would be a good start. His abs remind me of modern olympic lifters. Also, plenty of overhead pressing as well.

Last edited by glwanabe; 12-14-2009 at 06:44 PM.