Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
skids
Max Brawn
Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast
Default Weird muscle development ?

Gidday there MAB

I have a question for all you budding Body builders. I more of a novice strength guy so I need a little help. I have noticed recently that my left deltoid, peck and shoulder in general is not growing as big or as fast as my right hand side. I'm starting to wonder if it is growing at all. I know that this can be expected to a point but I would go as far as saying my left side is underdeveloped. My right hand side is rather large.

Any light on this would be much appreciated as it is starting to freak me out.

Many thanks Nath.
skids is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #2
brad1224
Max Brawn
Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46 Points: 5,286, Level: 46
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

brad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machinebrad1224 is a lifting machine

what is your dominant side? like hand do you write with. Usually the more dominant side is slightly more developed than the other. But if its way more developed than the other side you may have some kind of nerve damage or some injury that is making the other side take over more than your side that is smaller. Just my .02

***AAEFX REP***

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
brad1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

This is about the eleventybillionth time I've read a thread with this exact same topic. Everybody has a bigger side. Just keep getting stronger and bigger, it will hardly be noticeable 100 lbs from now.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
This is about the eleventybillionth time I've read a thread with this exact same topic. Everybody has a bigger side. Just keep getting stronger and bigger, it will hardly be noticeable 100 lbs from now.
Veracity.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

My dominant shoulder is rounder and has a better shape than the other. I'm the only one who notices, so I don't worry about it. I'm sure the same is true for you.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
skids
Max Brawn

skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I guess this topic has properly come up before. I also realise everybody has a bigger size. My bigger side is a whole ____ load bigger, not a little bit bigger. If I gain another hundred pounds I will be knocking on 400 pounds . Thanks for your input. I'll take some selfies tonight and load them up for all to see and you guys can be the judges weather I,m just paranoid or just plane crazy.

Last edited by skids; 07-09-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
skids
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
My dominant shoulder is rounder and has a better shape than the other. I'm the only one who notices, so I don't worry about it. I'm sure the same is true for you.
Yeah I know what you are saying, I hope you are rite.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
skids
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1224 View Post
what is your dominant side? like hand do you write with. Usually the more dominant side is slightly more developed than the other. But if its way more developed than the other side you may have some kind of nerve damage or some injury that is making the other side take over more than your side that is smaller. Just my .02
Yeah my shoulder is injured and it isant my dominant side, but I was still hoping for some other reason. I might have to go back to the Doc for a repair perhaps.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids View Post
Gidday there MAB

I have a question for all you budding Body builders. I more of a novice strength guy so I need a little help. I have noticed recently that my left deltoid, peck and shoulder in general is not growing as big or as fast as my right hand side. I'm starting to wonder if it is growing at all. I know that this can be expected to a point but I would go as far as saying my left side is underdeveloped. My right hand side is rather large.

Any light on this would be much appreciated as it is starting to freak me out.

Many thanks Nath.
I was wondering if there was any way for you to measure to be able to compare one against the other but shoulder/pec area may be more complex to do than biceps etc, in terms of measurement.

Since you had a shoulder injury, it could well be that impacting on it, as you've already established on reflection...so, wise just to get it checked out as well to ensure everything is running as it should be.

I notice a weird thing with development; most seem to say their dominant side is bigger, I notice that my dominant side is stronger but usually smaller (to a degree that doesn't bother me but still slightly smaller); I just assume, it's because on the dominant side I'm able to put a better contraction in, I could be way off the mark though.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

I remember watching a Scooby vid a few years ago.

He has scoliosis and said one of his lats was significantly bigger that the other.

Never noticed it. Even when he pointed it out I didn't.

I wouldn't worry, Things you notice yourself ALWAYS seem bigger or worse than what they are.
And if everyone has a bigger side like OffRoad said, well then everyones in the same boat, and I don't know about you but I've never noticed when looking at any bodybuilder or powerlifters physiques that one side was bigger than the other.

Don't worry Nathan, I'm sure you look awesome!
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote