Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Weird muscle development ? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14322)

skids 07-09-2013 01:44 PM

Weird muscle development ?

Gidday there MAB

I have a question for all you budding Body builders. I more of a novice strength guy so I need a little help. I have noticed recently that my left deltoid, peck and shoulder in general is not growing as big or as fast as my right hand side. I'm starting to wonder if it is growing at all. I know that this can be expected to a point but I would go as far as saying my left side is underdeveloped. My right hand side is rather large.

Any light on this would be much appreciated as it is starting to freak me out. :(

Many thanks Nath.

brad1224 07-09-2013 01:53 PM

what is your dominant side? like hand do you write with. Usually the more dominant side is slightly more developed than the other. But if its way more developed than the other side you may have some kind of nerve damage or some injury that is making the other side take over more than your side that is smaller. Just my .02

Off Road 07-09-2013 02:19 PM

This is about the eleventybillionth time I've read a thread with this exact same topic. Everybody has a bigger side. Just keep getting stronger and bigger, it will hardly be noticeable 100 lbs from now.

bruteforce 07-09-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 384535)
This is about the eleventybillionth time I've read a thread with this exact same topic. Everybody has a bigger side. Just keep getting stronger and bigger, it will hardly be noticeable 100 lbs from now.

Veracity.

Soldier 07-09-2013 03:11 PM

My dominant shoulder is rounder and has a better shape than the other. I'm the only one who notices, so I don't worry about it. I'm sure the same is true for you.

skids 07-09-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 384535)

I guess this topic has properly come up before. I also realise everybody has a bigger size. My bigger side is a whole ____ load bigger, not a little bit bigger. If I gain another hundred pounds I will be knocking on 400 pounds :strongnf4:. Thanks for your input. :) I'll take some selfies tonight and load them up for all to see and you guys can be the judges weather I,m just paranoid or just plane crazy.

skids 07-09-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier (Post 384557)
My dominant shoulder is rounder and has a better shape than the other. I'm the only one who notices, so I don't worry about it. I'm sure the same is true for you.

Yeah I know what you are saying, I hope you are rite. :)

skids 07-09-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad1224 (Post 384527)
what is your dominant side? like hand do you write with. Usually the more dominant side is slightly more developed than the other. But if its way more developed than the other side you may have some kind of nerve damage or some injury that is making the other side take over more than your side that is smaller. Just my .02

Yeah my shoulder is injured and it isant my dominant side, but I was still hoping for some other reason. I might have to go back to the Doc for a repair perhaps. :(

5kgLifter 07-10-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skids (Post 384521)
Gidday there MAB

I have a question for all you budding Body builders. I more of a novice strength guy so I need a little help. I have noticed recently that my left deltoid, peck and shoulder in general is not growing as big or as fast as my right hand side. I'm starting to wonder if it is growing at all. I know that this can be expected to a point but I would go as far as saying my left side is underdeveloped. My right hand side is rather large.

Any light on this would be much appreciated as it is starting to freak me out. :(

Many thanks Nath.

I was wondering if there was any way for you to measure to be able to compare one against the other but shoulder/pec area may be more complex to do than biceps etc, in terms of measurement.

Since you had a shoulder injury, it could well be that impacting on it, as you've already established on reflection...so, wise just to get it checked out as well to ensure everything is running as it should be.

I notice a weird thing with development; most seem to say their dominant side is bigger, I notice that my dominant side is stronger but usually smaller (to a degree that doesn't bother me but still slightly smaller); I just assume, it's because on the dominant side I'm able to put a better contraction in, I could be way off the mark though.

LindenGarcia18 07-10-2013 08:36 AM

I remember watching a Scooby vid a few years ago.

He has scoliosis and said one of his lats was significantly bigger that the other.

Never noticed it. Even when he pointed it out I didn't.

I wouldn't worry, Things you notice yourself ALWAYS seem bigger or worse than what they are.
And if everyone has a bigger side like OffRoad said, well then everyones in the same boat, and I don't know about you but I've never noticed when looking at any bodybuilder or powerlifters physiques that one side was bigger than the other.

Don't worry Nathan, I'm sure you look awesome! :muscles: