Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Expectations to achieve something like this . . . (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13997)

LindenGarcia18 06-09-2013 05:23 PM

Expectations to achieve something like this . . .

1 Attachment(s)
Found another picture of somebody with the sort of body I'd desire.

I was wondering what the sort of time periods would look like for me from my current weight to achieve something like this?

trying not to lose my job and trying not to stunt my growth by cutting for too long taken into consideration of coarse (have to say thats knocked my motivation slightly)

BendtheBar 06-09-2013 05:30 PM

You shouldn't be cutting. You don't need fat loss, you meed muscle gain.

If you eat properly and add 15 to 20 pounds of muscle you can achieve your desired physique. That will require anywhere from 1.5 years to 5 years depending on your eating habits. In a perfect world about 1.5 years.

If you weight 135 pounds and don't look the way you want to look, it is not from normal fat levels. It is from not having enough muscle.

I am speaking from experience, having been 142 in 10th grade and 185 with muscle at the age of 19. In case you think I'm simply a fat old loon who's never been there myself.

LindenGarcia18 06-09-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

You shouldn't be cutting. You don't need fat loss, you meed muscle gain.
Oh I know, I had no intention of cutting. I meant in the future, if the fat I'd gained had caused any problems with my modeling job. gaining muscle is obviously my only option here.

Quote:

If you eat properly and add 15 to 20 pounds of muscle you can achieve your desired physique. That will require anywhere from 1.5 years to 5 years depending on your eating habits. In a perfect world about 1.5 years.
By eating habits, do you mean how small or large my surplus is?
As you know I can't use a definite surplus because I have no idea what my maintenance is, I'm eating to satiety like you said, but I'll be aiming for about 2 pounds of weight gain a month, so using that parameter, how many years out of the span you stated would I achieve a body like that?

Quote:

If you weight 135 pounds and don't look the way you want to look, it is not from normal fat levels. It is from not having enough muscle.
agreed.

Quote:

I am speaking from experience, having been 142 in 10th grade and 185 with muscle at the age of 19. In case you think I'm simply a fat old loon who's never been there myself.
As if I'd think that, your experience and advice is what I'll be basing my lifting journey on.

Squatter 06-09-2013 09:23 PM

Trust Steve, OR, and company and in the process Linden. I did when I went on a 50 lb bulk and I will soon be reaping the rewards )or more rewards) as I near the end of my 30 lb cut. I know your not going to want to bulk that much, but it demonstrates my faith in the guys here and the process. No regrets.:)

LindenGarcia18 06-10-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Trust Steve, OR, and company and in the process Linden.
I have to say I trust you guys more than the process. I'm still skeptical of the process, but I'll go through with it because you know what your talking about

Quote:

I did when I went on a 50 lb bulk and I will soon be reaping the rewards )or more rewards) as I near the end of my 30 lb cut.
I thought muscle to fat gains were supposed to be around a 2:1 ratio?
If you gained 50 pounds, and 30 of it was fat, that'd mean it was the other way round.
Thats great for you, but if I started to gain more fat than muscle, that'd be a problem as far as modeling goes.

leefarley 06-10-2013 02:41 AM

how I see it is you are going to have to choose to bulk and build muscle now and lose a few modelling jobs on then way but get more work as a older but more muscular model later on, or stay thin and keep your on going modelling work, I see this has a business investment.

I WILL 06-10-2013 04:01 AM

Linden,

I have seen all of your posts and I have kept out of it. Here's the deal, you are getting TONS of great advice. Sometimes when one door closes another one opens. You are worrying about bad stuff, what about the great possibilities? You will never know if you keep questioning and you need to make a decision.

I was once very thin. I asked a lot of questions like you, but it is what you do with that information. You can continue to analyze or get off the fence. I am not saying it to be mean. You are lucky you have all this info at your finger tips. No one here would steer you wrong. They are all trying to help.

I know you are concerned, but you will never achieve that 'look' until you stop worrying what others think. Once you get it in your mind that you don't care what anyone else thinks, modeling jobs, girls, fuller face, a little body fat etc you will get the 'look' you are going for. You may be surprised what new doors will be opened to you.:):)

Put this question in your mind 'how bad do you want it?' When you want it so bad you will have absolutely no doubt in your mind, you won't care what others think and you will reach your goals.:) I am not saying this to hurt your feelings by any means, but I think you need a little tough love at this point.

LindenGarcia18 06-10-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leefarley (Post 373116)
how I see it is you are going to have to choose to bulk and build muscle now and lose a few modelling jobs on then way but get more work as a older but more muscular model later on, or stay thin and keep your on going modelling work, I see this has a business investment.

I see what your saying.

Al,though its not just the modeling job.

Who wants to look chubby. Especially at this age.

LindenGarcia18 06-10-2013 06:32 AM

L
Quote:

inden,

I have seen all of your posts and I have kept out of it. Here's the deal, you are getting TONS of great advice. Sometimes when one door closes another one opens. You are worrying about bad stuff, what about the great possibilities? You will never know if you keep questioning and you need to make a decision.
I've made the decision to get bigger. Thats what I'm currently doing. I'm asking questions, but at the same time actively doing something.

Quote:

I was once very thin. I asked a lot of questions like you, but it is what you do with that information. You can continue to analyze or get off the fence. I am not saying it to be mean. You are lucky you have all this info at your finger tips. No one here would steer you wrong. They are all trying to help.
Yeah, I know. I have all the advice I need, I just don't like it thats all! haha

Its in finding out from the people on here how the system works that worries me.

I have an idea that might help me though.

Quote:

I know you are concerned, but you will never achieve that 'look' until you stop worrying what others think. Once you get it in your mind that you don't care what anyone else thinks, modeling jobs, girls, fuller face, a little body fat etc you will get the 'look' you are going for. You may be surprised what new doors will be opened to you.:):)
I see what your saying, but thats not a very fun way to live...

Being self conscious because your face looks fatter than the rest of your piers, when it was perfectly fine before, losing a really good well paid contract with a modeling agency because I wanted bigger muscles, ruining chances with girls because I look chubby.
Through the prime time in my life when I should be enjoying it the most.

I have to wonder weather its worth it sometimes. I really don't want to spend my teenage years miserable, when the goal was to feel better about myself...

Quote:

Put this question in your mind 'how bad do you want it?'
Badly. However, if its going to make me feel crap about myself for the next few years, theres no point. Its counter productive.

Quote:

When you want it so bad you will have absolutely no doubt in your mind, you won't care what others think and you will reach your goals.:)
Remember why I'm doing this though. To look good for moddeling, to look good infront of girls, to boost my self esteem and confidence.

If I didn't care about what other people thought, then there'd be no reason for doing this other than to live a healthy lifestyle. Which is very important to me, don't get me wrong, but the other stuff is very important too.

Its as if it has to get worse before it gets better. I have to look worse, before I look good. Thats somewhat how the process goes by the looks of things.

And to be honest, its not very appealing or motivating.

Quote:

I am not saying this to hurt your feelings by any means, but I think you need a little tough love at this point.
Yes, and thanks for the advice.

LindenGarcia18 06-10-2013 06:37 AM

Maybe it'd do me good to see some people who have been through what I'm trying to do.

So I could see how much fat they gained.

Visual evidence would likely go along way.

Bulking progress, before and afters, etc;

I don't know where to find them tough, any ideas?

A normal person would take your word for it, but having OCD, I'd like to see what your saying in action, that way I'd believe it.

Not saying your advice is wrong, I'd never think that. Just visual evidence might help me understand things a bit better.