Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #21
Boom
Brawn
Points: 1,211, Level: 19 Points: 1,211, Level: 19 Points: 1,211, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Boom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributor

Yeah we've noticed.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #22
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

Here, I hope this helps you some. This has been my progression over 7 YEARS! My weight has fluctuated during this time, but this is where I have gone. I got the weight I desired in about 5 years, but I have spent the rest of that time at maintenance level and working on my weak lifts.

2005 (~150 lbs)

2008 (~170 lbs)

2010 (~180 lbs)

2011 (~190 lbs)

2013 (~190 lbs)
if you want to see what I am looking like these days just look at my vidoes or something, not worth putting them up on here too.

I have never done a "cut" and guess what ... during the time that I have been building I have put on FAT, the thing is it is not excessive. You're going to gain body fat, what you need to realize is that right now, with the way that you are looking, the body fat will do you good! Just because you're gaining fat doesn't mean it is a negative thing.

There is a very big difference between adding fat to your body and being fat. You need to accept this.

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #23
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Crap, crap, crap. . . I swore I wasn't going to respond to this mess ever again!

The answer is so EASY and you keep missing it. Meanwhile you keep dragging everybody else down the same path of misdirection. Let me redirect you yet again; It's not about the diet, or the fat gained, or the ratios, or the scale, or everybody's past experience. Go ahead and try to stay lean if that's what is causing you so much anxiety. For crap sakes, you have eleventy-billion threads on the damned subject.

It IS about how much you've gained on your SQUAT and even your barbell overhead press. It's been a couple of months, how's that squat rack coming? How much have you added to your squat in those two months? Are you making sure you squat below parallel and with solid form? Have you adjusted your form to push heavier weights? Have you modified your split to increase recovery because you are stalling? Have you invested hours and hours into improving your form so that you can add that next 5 lbs?

None of that diet crap matters at all if you aren't pushing some BIG weights on the BIG lifts. Don't give me the "I'm doing split squats and jump squats because I heard they're good" crap. Jump squats and split squats along with a bulking diet will just make you fat, there I said it, be afraid. Nothing else matters at this point, GET THAT SQUAT UP TO 300 lbs ASAP! Then worry about your stinking diet, because I guarantee that when your squat gets up to 300 lbs that you'll be adding muscle and your body will be telling you to eat weather you want to or not. The effort in the gym should dictate your diet, not the other way around.

Stop forcing the food and start forcing the squats!!! Time to get your priorities straight. . .
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #24
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Why not?
because you keep asking the same f@cking question and you keep getting the answers but it doesn't register with you, your going round and round.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #25
Khamo
New Brawn
Points: 415, Level: 8 Points: 415, Level: 8 Points: 415, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 6 months
Fav Exercise: Sqwat
Khamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good postsKhamo has made some good posts

If you want to gain as minimal fat as possible but still bulk, try this IIFYM Calculator
its great, just put in your numbers and at the bottom but cautious and you wont gaining fat as fast, granted you wont be gaining muscle as fast either but its good. the simple truth is you have to deal with gaining fat. dont be scared of it

Squat - 315
Bench - 225
Deadlift - 350

GOT A LONG WAY TO GO

To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear. ~Buddha
Khamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #26
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
I wish. For normal people yes. But for me, the journey is hell, I'm always worried.

It knocks my motivation as well.
Have you ever had any therapy? My wife has an anxiety disorder. Everybody has worries and concerns, but it's a disorder when it starts to control your life. If you have any kind of disorder, there are amazing therapists and medicines out there that can help.

But for now, you need to learn to set goals. You already have a long term goal, and that's an awesome thing to have, but you're going to get frustrated real quick if it's all you have to keep you going. Instead, set short term goals. The short term goals are the steps on the ladder that lead you to your long term goal. They give you direction and also keep you motivated because there's always something your pretty close to achieving.

I'm not sure what your bodyweight is, but that could be part of your goals. Maybe you could say that you want to slowly and smoothly gain 10lb, and also add 40lb to your deadlift and squat. Neither of those goals are too crazy (in fact, most guys here will tell you 10lb isn't nearly enough, but your an exceptional case), so it gives you something to focus on, and also gives you a point at which you can take a good look at some before and after pics and see if you're headed in the right direction as far as how you want to look.

When you get to that pre-planned point you can either add or subtract calories from your daily intake based on your progress. In the end, though, it's always going to take patience, but patience is a pretty good thing to have anyways.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #27
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

I have it sorted. I was blinded by my OCD but its finally clicked.

After chatting to btb via chat for a while it suddenly became clear. I'm so sorry I didn't see it before.

You won't ever have hear from me again, I promise, I won't post anything anymore.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #28
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
Here, I hope this helps you some. This has been my progression over 7 YEARS! My weight has fluctuated during this time, but this is where I have gone. I got the weight I desired in about 5 years, but I have spent the rest of that time at maintenance level and working on my weak lifts.

2005 (~150 lbs)

2008 (~170 lbs)

2010 (~180 lbs)

2011 (~190 lbs)

2013 (~190 lbs)
if you want to see what I am looking like these days just look at my vidoes or something, not worth putting them up on here too.

I have never done a "cut" and guess what ... during the time that I have been building I have put on FAT, the thing is it is not excessive. You're going to gain body fat, what you need to realize is that right now, with the way that you are looking, the body fat will do you good! Just because you're gaining fat doesn't mean it is a negative thing.

There is a very big difference between adding fat to your body and being fat. You need to accept this.

Thats exactly whats just clicked. Thanks man.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #29
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

Congrats! Don't be afraid to post stuff along the way, that's why we are all here. Just try not to let the same thing nag at you over and over.

You'll get there!

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #30
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

W
Quote:
I have it sorted. I was blinded by my OCD but its finally clicked.

After chatting to btb via chat for a while it suddenly became clear. I'm so sorry I didn't see it before.

You won't ever have hear from me again, I promise, I won't post anything anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
Congrats! Don't be afraid to post stuff along the way, that's why we are all here. Just try not to let the same thing nag at you over and over.

You'll get there!
Nobody ever said that you should stop posting. There has been a crap ton of great advice given in your threads. We just want you to trust the process and have fun in your journey.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote