Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast
Default Sports athletes and their physiques

Was watching a boxing match the other day. It was David Haye vs some other Russian man.

I noticed he had a great physique, and so did the other guy.

Boxers, and other athletes seem to be an exception to the muscle and strength building rule.
If you look at a boxers training plan and diet, its noting like a powerlifters, or a bodybuilders, yet they have allot of strength and particularly in a boxers case, quite a bit of muscle mass. (I'd be more than happy to have David Haye's body!)

Does anybody know how that works? Everyone else is bulking and cutting, lifting heavy weights, yet he and other athletes look great just by training from their sport.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	david-haye-the-hayemaker.jpg
Views:	1282
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	9245  
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Was watching a boxing match the other day. It was David Haye vs some other Russian man.

I noticed he had a great physique, and so did the other guy.

Boxers, and other athletes seem to be an exception to the muscle and strength building rule.
If you look at a boxers training plan and diet, its noting like a powerlifters, or a bodybuilders, yet they have allot of strength and particularly in a boxers case, quite a bit of muscle mass. (I'd be more than happy to have David Haye's body!)

Does anybody know how that works? Everyone else is bulking and cutting, lifting heavy weights, yet he and other athletes look great just by training from their sport.
What do you mean "How does that work?", you already mentioned that their training and diet plans are nothing like PLers or BBers, so there's the answer, I assume...unless you're looking for a medical/biological breakdown, in which case, never going to happen.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Drag Race Speed Champion!
Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

Turn into a 6'3" black guy and work out a lot, and you will look like him.

David Haye Workout, Training Routine & Diet - GQ.COM (UK) - GQ.COM (UK)

Contrary to your post, he does in fact, lift weights.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Why do you assume they don't weight train?

I know Haye uses squats, dips and pullups. Heck we can't get half the bros to use these exercises! Just saying.

Most successful athletes train harder with weights than the average guy on forums. That is why they look so good, even if they are not a muscle builder per se. The magic is consistency and progression. They have that at some level.

You don't need to tell top level athletes to train consistently like the bros. They understand the importance of that factor. You also don't have to tell them that adding some strength is important. They know that as well.

You know how frustrating it is to beat the drum of simplicity every day, and then have the physique of Hayes - who uses simplicity - posted up like he doesn't lift at all? No, he doesn't use a bro split. yes, he squats and dips. See, simplicity does work.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 06-03-2013 at 11:22 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
What do you mean "How does that work?", you already mentioned that their training and diet plans are nothing like PLers or BBers

Well thats what I mean. The whole Idea of bulking up and cutting, doesn't apply to them.
I thought that was the only way to do it (granted there are other variables we've already addressed in my other posts.)
Old 06-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Why do you assume they don't weight train?

Must be wrong then, though thats what he said in an interview.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Drag Race Speed Champion!
Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Well thats what I mean. The whole Idea of bulking up and cutting, doesn't apply to them.
I thought that was the only way to do it (granted there are other variables we've already addressed in my other posts.)
How old are you?

David Haye, and other pro athletes look the way they do because they put the work in and because they eat appropriately for what they do.

Any athlete with any appreciable amount of mass (in this case, hayes is small to me at 6'3 210lb), uses weights and/or lots of calisthenics.

Bottom line: You can not avoid the work or the diet.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Turn into a 6'3" black guy and work out a lot, and you will look like him.

David Haye Workout, Training Routine & Diet - GQ.COM (UK) - GQ.COM (UK)

Contrary to your post, he does in fact, lift weights.

So he does weight train.

However that still doesn't explain the diet.

Since when are tall black people better adapted to building muscle?
I thought it was more difficult if you were taller for starters.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I guarantee he doesn't eat like this 365 days a year. I guarantee he hasn't eaten like this for the last 10 years.

Quote:
"I eat 24 egg whites every day, raw, which contain no fat, just protein. I stick them in a glass and swallow them whole, six at a time. I also have four tins of sardines a day."
Even if he did, he's taking in plenty of protein.

This also doesn't address carbs.

Check out this workout:

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/building...bulk-up-250031

I guarantee when he was bulking he wasn't eating like a bird on this plan.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 06-03-2013 at 11:28 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
How old are you?

Quote:
David Haye, and other pro athletes look the way they do because they put the work in and because they eat appropriately for what they do.
Why is he ripped year round then?

Quote:
Any athlete with any appreciable amount of mass (in this case, hayes is small to me at 6'3 210lb), uses weights and/or lots of calisthenics.

Bottom line: You can not avoid the work or the diet.

I only asked! What is it with people jumping to conclusions thinking I'm looking for an easy way out?

I asked a question because I was curious. That is all.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-03-2013 at 11:30 AM.