Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #31
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Now when everybody's criticizing and taking the piss out of me and my question(s), your insinuating the same as them , that I'm an idiot for thinking I could stay lean, when it was you thats helped me believe I can do this while staying lean in the first place.
Exactly where did you get that idea from? When have I ever not suggested that you can remain lean?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #32
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Exactly where did you get that idea from? When have I ever not suggested that you can remain lean?

Never until now.

If I am to remain lean though, I have to be putting on minimal fat right? If 1-2 pounds a month, the recommended weight gain per month from the people youv'e told me to take a look at who do stay lean all the time is wrong. You seem to be saying now ,along with everybody else, that 1-2 pounds per month would not produce minimal fat gains.

I thought I was on the right track thats all. Maybe I have to rethink it through again.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-03-2013 at 05:24 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #33
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Never until now.

If I am to remain lean though, I have to be putting on minimal fat right? If 1-2 pounds a month, the recommended weight gain per month from the people youv'e told me to take a look at who do stay lean all the time is wrong, as you seem to be saying now ,along with everybody else, that 1-2 pounds per month would not produce minimal fat gains.

I thought I was on the right track thats all. Maybe I have to rethink it through again.
Now, I'm thoroughly confused...if I haven't said it until now and still haven't said it how can I ever have said it or even insinuated it?

I seem to recollect I made it very clear to you that I had gained lean mass whilst dropping bodyfat (even though I had little to drop) as have others, and know of others that have done it, but it seems that doesn't mean a whole lot...as well as the fact that you are a relative beginner and the fact that means that lean mass with negligible to no bodyfat gain is possible which has also been pointed out by quite a few, in this thread and others.

I'm out.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #34
Boom
Brawn
Points: 1,211, Level: 19 Points: 1,211, Level: 19 Points: 1,211, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Boom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributor

You don't need to rethink. You need to stop overthinking.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #35
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Elite athletes have forgotten more about building themselves up than most of us know to begin with. The problem is, the stuff they forgot is the stuff that can help us
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #36
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Now, I'm thoroughly confused...if I haven't said it until now and still haven't said it how can I ever have said it or even insinuated it?

When you said you never said anything about 1-2 pounds a month resulting in minimal fat gain.

Thats the who's premise I've been going on from what youv'e told me, even if you didn't say it directly.
Your whole idea about staying lean, eating just above maintenance but not too much. That was how I was to do it, by doing cardio and shooting for 1-2 pounds a month.

When you aid you'd never said that I assumed I must've gotten it wrong when I thought I had it right based on what you told me...

Quote:
I seem to recollect I made it very clear to you that I had gained lean mass whilst dropping bodyfat (even though I had little to drop) as have others, and know of others that have done it, but it seems that doesn't mean a whole lot...as well as the fact that you are a relative beginner and the fact that means that lean mass with negligible to no bodyfat gain is possible which has also been pointed out by quite a few, in this thread and others.
But thats exactly what I've been following. Your exact advice.
I thought when you mentioned that you'd never said 1-2 pounds would allow me to gain minimal fat you meant the whole idea that I could stay lean was wrong, because I've been following the 1-2 pounds a month rule for ages now.
I was wrong though I see that, I'm sorry.

Quote:
I'm out.

Ok then, I get it. Sorry.

I can't believe how just asking a simple question about an athletes training routine would cause even more hatred against me.

Its not even worth being on here if the ones that do really help me allot now don't like me along with the rest.
Thats already happened once with Off Road.

I don't do it on purpose, in fact, I'm always pussy footing around trying to word my questions in the best possible way to not stir up any more anger against me.

I understand though, If I were in your position I'd think the same.

You can get rid of me and delete my profile if you like. I'm way out of my depth here.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-04-2013 at 01:09 AM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #37
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
I can't believe how just asking a simple question about an athletes training routine would cause even more hatred against me.
All right, let me try again.

You asked a simple question. And you have got the answers. The first page of this thread contains links to David Haye's workout. As you can yourself see, unlike your original premise Haye does train with weights and fairly heavy weights at that.

You then brought up the topic of getting muscular while staying lean. This has also been answered. It is possible to bulk while staying lean - it just takes a lot of time. Haye's was boxing at the age of 10 (read his bio). He is 32 now. He has probably been weight training since you were born. Yes - you can get close to that physique -but like Haye, put in another 10-15 years in the trenches. You want to look like Haye, and train like Haye? Well then, be prepared to train for as long as Haye.

Next, you have been asking if you can gain 1-2 lbs a month. This has been answered too. Yes, you can - initially, because you seem to be quite underweight. 1-2 lbs gain a month for the initial 4-5 months is still not enough to get you close to Haye. Beyond the initial stage, the rate of gains fade away rapidly. Had this not been the case, the average natural bodybuilder would be walking around at 300 lbs, ripped.

Seems to me that your questions have been answered clearly, but apparently, you dont like the answers.

As for the hatred ... nah, its not hatred, but mild irritation. For instance, look at what you quoted from 5kg in the above post. She talked about you being able to gain muscle with minimal fat gain because you are a beginner. You wont stay a beginner forever and beginner gains dont keep coming forever. I dont see any contradiction in her (or anyone else's advice). The beginner gains wont turn your physique into one like Haye's. And beyond the initial beginner gains, you will gain very slowly unless you are prepared to gain some fat. I do see, repeatedly, that you cannot be bothered to pay attention and read the posts completely - just as you didnt read 5kgg's post completely (where she quite clearly stated that you can expect to gain muscle with minimal fat since you are a beginner). Have patience, pay attention, read carefully cand understand whats being said, and that will only help you.

Before there was internet, people still lifted ... and got stronger, bigger and ripped. It is not really rocket science. Lift heavy. Eat appropriately - meaning if you want to pile on mass fast, eat big and accept some chub over an extended period of time; if you want to stay lean, eat accordingly, but be prepared for slower muscle gain. That is how simple it is, and probably all you need to know over next 6 months of lifting.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 06-04-2013 at 12:13 AM.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #38
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

boxers do weight train, specially heavy weights and any fighter that needs to move up a weight class or two, mike Tyson did lift weights I could write out his lifting routine for you, Tyson lifting routine was just the basic lifts done hard and heavy, a lot of boxers don't look lean and ripped in the off season or between fights but they know how to get in shape when they need to, you want to know how to look like David hay, train your ass off for 15-16 years.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:53 AM   #39
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

I haven't read through the thread yet Linden, but my 2c is this:

You can definitely "recomp" as opposed to bulk and cut. I know this from experience, and also from a few people I've seen and talked with, who've been doing it that way for years now (and yes, they are quite "lean" and "ripped", as well as strong).

As for athletes, you might (or might not, of course) be surprised just how many of them lift weights. Boxers, MMA guys, gymnasts, cyclers, sprinters, etc., etc...

It's quite possible all that has already been posted. If so, sorry. But they're two things a lot of people are *not* aware of, I've found.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #40
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Never until now.

If I am to remain lean though, I have to be putting on minimal fat right? If 1-2 pounds a month, the recommended weight gain per month from the people youv'e told me to take a look at who do stay lean all the time is wrong. You seem to be saying now ,along with everybody else, that 1-2 pounds per month would not produce minimal fat gains.

The mistake you keep making is in searching for a way to get big and muscular (like an athlete) without gaining any fat. That. Doesn't. Happen. Ever.

I don't care what anyone tells you or what anyone looks like. They gained fat while gaining muscle. Even if it were possible, the likelihood that you (or I) have the genetics to do it is a gazillion to one.

Just eat and train. Spend 3 years building muscle, do one slow cut, and maintain your desired body for the rest of your life. It's really that simple.