Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #21
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
1/4 pound?!

gain 3 pounds of muscle in a year?!

They'd look no different!
Are you serious? I said 3 lbs an year for their amateur career (6-7 years). This works out to a roughly 20 lbs lean mass gain by the time they turn pro. 20 lbs of lean mass makes hell of a difference. Again, please take note of this - NONE of the top level athletes built their body overnight. They have been at it for years, not just 6 months or 1 year.

Quote:
I'd rather gain the fat that that, and thats coming from an OCD driven model!
Seriously though, I was under the impression you could gain muscle with minimal fat at around 1 to 2 pounds per month.
Yes, you CAN gain 1-2 lbs a month - especially during the newbie stage. But it doesnt work that way forever. After the first few pounds, muscle gains slow down quite significantly, especially if you are trying to avoid putting on fat.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

Quote:

Seriously though, I was under the impression you could gain muscle with minimal fat at around 1 to 2 pounds per month.
not unless you are chemically enhanced.

Take 2 years off from looking good. Lift heavy, eat heavy, add 40lbs or so...then cut.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #23
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Why are you guys even entertaining this? Find another place for this craziness!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #24
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Are you serious? I said 3 lbs an year for their amateur career (6-7 years). This works out to a roughly 20 lbs lean mass gain by the time they turn pro. 20 lbs of lean mass makes hell of a difference. Again, please take note of this - NONE of the top level athletes built their body overnight. They have been at it for years, not just 6 months or 1 year.

Yes, you CAN gain 1-2 lbs a month - especially during the newbie stage. But it doesnt work that way forever. After the first few pounds, muscle gains slow down quite significantly, especially if you are trying to avoid putting on fat.

I was talking about pounds gained over all per month. 1-2 pounds of overall weight gain a month been good for minimal fat gains.

I misunderstood the 3 pounds thing, sorry. I thought you meant for someone like me with no training experience.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #25
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
not unless you are chemically enhanced.

Take 2 years off from looking good. Lift heavy, eat heavy, add 40lbs or so...then cut.

What the hell?

Everyone on here told me since the beginning of the year when I joined, that I'll gain minimal fat at 1-2 pounds of overall body weight gain a month.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #26
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Why are you guys even entertaining this? Find another place for this craziness!

Will do.

However before I leave. What's crazy about asking a question?

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-03-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
What the hell?

Everyone on here told me since the beginning of the year when I joined, that I'll gain minimal fat at 1-2 pounds of overall body weight gain a month.
Did I?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #28
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
What the hell?

First and foremost, you have to stop comparing yourself to other people. Don't worry, we all do it, but it's a horrible habit. Also try to remember that professional athletes are professional for a reason. They work hard, yes, but they are generally also very gifted from the start. There are people out there who are a hell of a lot stronger than me and look a lot better than me and have done it with much less work than I've put in. If you try to compare yourself to others you're gonna go nuts, and that applies to your whole life, not just how you look or what you can lift.

Another thing to think about is that we are all at different points in our journey. You're a beginner, and you're very thin. These are good things, in the sense that you CAN gain 1-2lb a month and a far higher percentage of it will be muscle when compared to someone like myself who has trained for a while and has more muscle already. This won't be the case forever, but you don't need to worry about that until you get there.

As far as asking questions, screw everybody who's putting you down. If you have a question, you ask it. But try not to come into it with preconcieved notions. Remember, the human body is a complex thing and we are all different. Ask questions if you have them, but stick to your plan long enough to REALLY see if it's giving you what you want.

Believe in the plan, focus on your goals.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #29
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Did I?

No, but you told me to speak to speak to like minded people and thats what they told me. The bodybuilders, the people that do stay lean year round.

Youv'e also always been the one to help me in PM's, telling me about people who do what I want to do and to check them out. People that stay lean all the time.
They use the 1-2 pounds a month parameter.

You told me I could do it and that I could stay lean. You said you do it yourself.

Youv'e spent the last few months telling me I can do this, whilst keeping my moddeling job,which would mean I would be needing to gain only minimal fat to do so.
Everyone youv'e pointed me towards that achieved what I want to achieve goes by the rule of 1-2 pounds a month, for steady muscle gain, with minimal fat.

Now when everybody's criticizing and taking the piss out of me and my question(s), your insinuating the same as them , that I'm an idiot for thinking I could stay lean, when it was you thats helped me believe I can do this while staying lean in the first place.

You knew how I was approaching this, I'd told everyone time and time again that I was shooting for 1-2 pounds of bodyweight a month, so knowing my goal to stay lean, why didn't you tell me this?

Anyway, it must be minimal fat at 1-2 pounds a month. If its a 2 to 1 ratio of fat to muscle gain, muscle been the higher number, then thats barley any fat at all each month.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 06-03-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #30
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
First and foremost, you have to stop comparing yourself to other people. Don't worry, we all do it, but it's a horrible habit. Also try to remember that professional athletes are professional for a reason. They work hard, yes, but they are generally also very gifted from the start. There are people out there who are a hell of a lot stronger than me and look a lot better than me and have done it with much less work than I've put in. If you try to compare yourself to others you're gonna go nuts, and that applies to your whole life, not just how you look or what you can lift.

Another thing to think about is that we are all at different points in our journey. You're a beginner, and you're very thin. These are good things, in the sense that you CAN gain 1-2lb a month and a far higher percentage of it will be muscle when compared to someone like myself who has trained for a while and has more muscle already. This won't be the case forever, but you don't need to worry about that until you get there.

As far as asking questions, screw everybody who's putting you down. If you have a question, you ask it. But try not to come into it with preconcieved notions. Remember, the human body is a complex thing and we are all different. Ask questions if you have them, but stick to your plan long enough to REALLY see if it's giving you what you want.

Believe in the plan, focus on your goals.

Very wise words as usual, thanks Solider