Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Endomorph Needs Help (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13863)

Shinkenger 05-29-2013 07:53 PM

Endomorph Needs Help

Hey everyone.

I am looking to hear what the endomorphs out there do nutrition, training wise.
Right now I desire to burn some fat away, then build some muscle. How do you handle your training?

nighttrain 05-29-2013 07:55 PM

one workout at a time.....

ok guys chime in and help out!!

leefarley 05-31-2013 03:22 AM

bump

I WILL 05-31-2013 04:10 AM

I just read this article Steve wrote. This should help.:)
Endomorph Bodybuilding: How To Optimize Your Diet & Workout For Results | Muscle & Strength

syn 05-31-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I WILL (Post 369592)

some great info in here.
Thanks for posting

BendtheBar 05-31-2013 09:13 AM

Basically I recommend losing the fat first if you feel you are obese or overweight so you can get that mental burden out of the way. After this point I think it's prudent to engage in a long term cleanerish eating lifestyle that will allow you a few years to pack on muscle.

moeheep 05-31-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 369654)
Basically I recommend losing the fat first if you feel you are obese or overweight so you can get that mental burden out of the way. After this point I think it's prudent to engage in a long term cleanerish eating lifestyle that will allow you a few years to pack on muscle.

That is exactly the plan I am using...and it is working excellent for me!!

Excel 05-31-2013 09:31 AM

From what I've read, nutrient partitioning between muscle and fat is optimal around 10-12% bodyfat. Apparently, 20% bodyfat is the upper limit for the optimally anabolic zone. Not to say you can't gain while fatter, just that when lean the body seems to direct more nutrients towards muscle.

Also there's a study demonstrating recovery of testosterone levels when obese folks shed the fat. Fat produces aromatase which turns testosterone into estrogen. Better T levels mean better training.

All this agrees with BtB's advice.

syn 05-31-2013 09:32 AM

what do you guys think about a guy who has bit of a belly, but not overall fat, loose the belly first or keep bulking, what give the best results?
mental issue - not a thing to worry about.

Off Road 05-31-2013 09:34 AM

Some good advice in here. I will also add that increasing activity, getting in "shape", and learning how to manipulate calories will pay huge benefits when you do start progressive weight training. I know everybody is motivated and wants to start building muscle ASAP, but spending a couple of months to set the stage will pay off in faster progress and you'll be way ahead after a year.