Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   opinions on 20-rep squat programs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1367)

strkout35 12-03-2009 07:10 PM

opinions on 20-rep squat programs

I'm looking for my next routine after i finish the one i'm on now...

I found this 20 rep squat program what do you think?

# Squat: 1x20
# Pullovers: 1x20
# Stiff-legged deadlift: 1x15
# Pullovers: 1x20
# Bench press: 2-3 x 10
# Bent row: 2-3x15
# Military press: 2-3 x 12

i'm gonna stick with the basic milk and squats to bulk up. do you guys think this would work well for me?

BendtheBar 12-03-2009 07:20 PM

That is a solid routine. Very old school and effective. Between the deads and squats along, your body will be anabolical.

I really hope you log this if you run it...I would love to hear your impressions.

strkout35 12-03-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 13381)
That is a solid routine. Very old school and effective. Between the deads and squats along, your body will be anabolical.

I really hope you log this if you run it...I would love to hear your impressions.

i'll absolutely run a log once i start it i've decided i'm doing this after i finish up grims beginner routine maybe another month or two...

a couple questions. i know it says to try and add 5 pounds to squats every workout but should i aim for 5 lbs on all the other lifts too? seems kinda difficult with the high rep range

Grim83 12-03-2009 07:50 PM

you can try my hells pit version if you want, its 20 rep squats and sure to leave you scarred :thrasher:

strkout35 12-03-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 13392)
you can try my hells pit version if you want, its 20 rep squats and sure to leave you scarred :thrasher:

i'm open to all suggestions at this point let's hear it:march::turtle:

Grim83 12-03-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strkout35 (Post 13394)
i'm open to all suggestions at this point let's hear it:march::turtle:

well im still hammering it out, but by the time your ready to start i'll have the kinks worked out, gotta go but i'll post more later.

strkout35 12-03-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 13396)
well im still hammering it out, but by the time your ready to start i'll have the kinks worked out, gotta go but i'll post more later.

sounds good once you figure it out shoot me a PM i'll def get it that way

BendtheBar 12-03-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strkout35 (Post 13387)
i'll absolutely run a log once i start it i've decided i'm doing this after i finish up grims beginner routine maybe another month or two...

a couple questions. i know it says to try and add 5 pounds to squats every workout but should i aim for 5 lbs on all the other lifts too? seems kinda difficult with the high rep range

Once you get to 20 reps on a set, 5 pounds is a solid goal. You can do it.

With the other lifts, try to add weight as much as possible. I wouldn't stick to a set 5 pounds per time period, but I WOULD live for more weight as every opportunity.

strkout35 12-03-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 13401)
Once you get to 20 reps on a set, 5 pounds is a solid goal. You can do it.

With the other lifts, try to add weight as much as possible. I wouldn't stick to a set 5 pounds per time period, but I WOULD live for more weight as every opportunity.

sounds like a plan. my plan: lots of squats lots of milk lots of sleep. can't wait to start it

jwood 12-03-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strkout35 (Post 13408)
sounds like a plan. my plan: lots of squats lots of milk lots of sleep. can't wait to start it

That sounds like a damn good idea to me, hit it hard!!

I am looking forward to your log, good luck.

I agree with BTB, you can definitely add 5 pounds to squats each time but with the other workouts just try to add as much as you can. As long as you are progressing you are doing something right!