Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
ldydrgn
Brawn
Points: 161, Level: 3 Points: 161, Level: 3 Points: 161, Level: 3
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: < 1, Beginer
Fav Exercise: Bench (so far)
Fav Supp: Trutein Cinnabun Protein
ldydrgn is a consistent contributorldydrgn is a consistent contributorldydrgn is a consistent contributorldydrgn is a consistent contributorldydrgn is a consistent contributorldydrgn is a consistent contributorldydrgn is a consistent contributorldydrgn is a consistent contributorldydrgn is a consistent contributorldydrgn is a consistent contributorldydrgn is a consistent contributor
Default The dragon needs help!

I am 5 days out from my very first push/pull competition and starting to stress. I want to get into the 181/198 weight category but afraid that I wont make it for this meet. Below is an average macro day as well as my current log. I am beating myself up before it even gets here because I am so competitive. When my hubby and I started lifting around August/September of last year for weight loss and over all health, I weight about 240lbs. I am 5'10" and now at 204. I am frustrated at the plateau I have hit. I have been this weight now since Feb. 2013. My strength is improving, so that much I am happy for. However, I still want the beach bod to go with the kick-you-in-the-face strength. Any help will be much appreciated.

I use myfitnesspal for food/macro tracking.
GOALS
1965 cal
carbs 123
protien 200
fats (good kind) 70

Gym hero is my app of choice for logs
bench -135
deads -185
squat -135 (just starting these so no real data yet)
ldydrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

There are far more experienced and knowledgeable lifters here, but from my limited experience I would suggest not to sweat making weight too much for your first meet.
You will have a great time and learn a lot on the day, fingers crossed hit some PRs and set yourself some benchmarks to beat in future competitions,

That said you are only 6 lbs away from the 198 so you could do a bit of water loading - you are tight on time now but depending on same day weigh in versus 24hr weigh ins you could be good,

A quick search here well bring you to some threads on it.

Best of luck and make sure to enjoy it,

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I agree with Markie. I wouldn't worry about weight at your first meet. Too many things can go wrong. Use it as a first step, enjoy the ride, learn and if you want to compete again worry about weight at your next meet.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
IronWill
Max Brawn
Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34 Points: 3,099, Level: 34
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
IronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beastIronWill is a lifting beast

Or you may consider a strong laxative
IronWill is offline   Reply With Quote