Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast
Default Trying to work this out

I know this is in the future, but I just wanted to figure this out and form some guide lines.

The body fat % I want to end up being is 10.
I remember one of you telling me that if I add a significant amount of muscle, my body fat percentage will end up going down.
This makes sense. The amount of body fat would obviously go down when there's more muscle on the body.

Before I started I got into a pretty un-motivating mind set to say the least.
as you know I felt like I couldn't win which ever way I went at it.
I had to bulk to get bigger, which meant gaining some fat, but then I couldn't get rid of that fat for another 5 or so years, because cutting would be detrimental to my growth seen as I'm a teen.
It got to a point where I couldn't be bothered worrying and thinking about it anymore, so I just started and hoped for the best, whilst having faith in what you told me when you said I'd end up looking better, and it wouldn't happen like in the pessimistic way I'd thought.

One thing I'd come to terms with was that i'd end up having to do a cut once I'd stopped growing, but then I remembered what was said about your body fat going down as you gained more muscle.

Could I end up achieving the body I want, without ever doing a cut?
If what you said is right, then I could get to 10% bf, simply by adding more muscle mass.

does anyone know roughly how much muscle I'd need to put on to get to 10%?

I know this is going to be way ahead in the future, but I thought it might get me a little more motivated.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 04-24-2013 at 02:27 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Could I end up achieving the body I want, without ever doing a cut?
If what you said is right, then I could get to 10% bf, simply by adding more muscle mass.

does anyone know roughly how much muscle I'd need to put on to get to 10%?

About 30 lbs. See here:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post339065

Also see BTB's post 42 in your log.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
About 30 lbs. See here:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post339065

Also see BTB's post 42 in your log.
Ahh yeah, thanks
Old 04-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Dude, For the love of Christ - Eat!!! You weigh 120lbs at 5 foot 10 inches ( per your log- In mid to late March) You have soooo many years before you need to worry about cutting. I do not mean to sound rude but you seem obsessed with the minutia as opposed to getting big and strong. Eat 80% clean food and eat as much as you can. Do this and lift heavy weight. When you have done this for at least a year..... THEN worry about "dialing it in"... Best of luck and happy lifting.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCStrong View Post
Dude, For the love of Christ - Eat!!! You weigh 120lbs at 5 foot 10 inches ( per your log- In mid to late March) You have soooo many years before you need to worry about cutting. I do not mean to sound rude but you seem obsessed with the minutia as opposed to getting big and strong. Eat 80% clean food and eat as much as you can. Do this and lift heavy weight. When you have done this for at least a year..... THEN worry about "dialing it in"... Best of luck and happy lifting.
I hear you, but that was my point!
That I shouldn't have to end up cutting, and weather I can achieve my goals just purely by bulking, which it seems I can.
I'm not worrying, this was more a realization that got me more motivated.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

you are making good progress linden, and you could be one of the lucky ones who can bulk with little fat gain so yeah you could reach your goal and not having to cut.

this is small detail that i wouldn't even think about.