Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
Reefboy1980
Brawn
Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20 Points: 1,358, Level: 20
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Reefboy1980 has made some quality postsReefboy1980 has made some quality postsReefboy1980 has made some quality postsReefboy1980 has made some quality postsReefboy1980 has made some quality postsReefboy1980 has made some quality postsReefboy1980 has made some quality posts
Default Low Testosterone?

I have never really questioned this before. I've always found building muscle more difficult than others. During my early teens when I started training I never really seen those newbie gains. After the first year I was ripped as hell but then I had hardly no muscle. Granted my diet was poor back then

I then started reading about nutrition & so In my early twenties I did start to see results, my bodyweight went up loads & in clothes I looked good but I did put on a lot of BF during this time

I stopped training at the age of 24 other commitments took priority. I broke my leg about 18 months back in 2 places & it's been a long road back. I took some photos at the back end of last summer & I was about to upload them onto FB when I was horrified with what I'd seen. I had become skinny fat & looked like S##t. I immediately joined the gym & started training currently doing the SL5x5 programme. I started right at the beginning with just the Olympic bar, the first 2 months I seen an improvement but not as good as I thought so I decided to strip all the fat back & start again. I've dropped 22lbs since xmas & have now started to bulk this week

My strengths are o.k for my size, people comment on them but the mass never comes.

Now for the reason i'm questioning if I have low testosterone. My parents have always taken illegal substances & even before I was born. I have extremely skinny legs even though I did a lot of sports & always trained legs. My dad does too, my dad also trained but he was on the juice. Never been able to achieve mass. Sex drive is fine which is probably the reason I have never questioned it before nut I did read that this would be the last thing to disappear anyway

Should I get tested? If so how do I go about doing it do I just go & the see the docs?

I'm now 33, only been back training for 5 months. My diet is fine I know no what I need to cut - maintain & bulk. I'm going on a bulk & I'm aiming for macros of 30-40-30 P-C-F

Any help would be much appreciated

Not sure if this is in the correct section so feel free to move it
Reefboy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links