Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post

If people added up everything they actually ate, they would realize how much junk they eat.

This same issue goes with people estimating their BF%. They think that there 10%, when in reality they are closer to 14%, or higher.
That's my point exactly, but I didn't say it with the clarity that you did.

Regarding bodyfat...if I had a dollar for every 200 pound + guy who thinks their bodyfat is 10%, I would have a nice new car right now.

On a serious note...where along the line did the 100% clean eating mantra interject itself into the bodybuilding lifestyle? Was it a specific bodybuilder, like Gironda?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #12
Kevsworld
Brawn
Points: 2,611, Level: 31 Points: 2,611, Level: 31 Points: 2,611, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Creatine Mono, Protein
Kevsworld has made some quality postsKevsworld has made some quality postsKevsworld has made some quality postsKevsworld has made some quality postsKevsworld has made some quality postsKevsworld has made some quality posts

I'm with you guys on this--350 bucks is just completely ridiculous.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:34 AM   #13
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

well i've got a new supplement coming out. for just $450, $300 if you pre order, you'll get this revoloutionary new sup that will add up to 50ibs of muscle in just 3 weeks. What is this new sup, Super Hypocondriactol. And for just $50 more i'll throw in hardcore weeinebabysupergrowth. with that stack you will not only gain up to 50ibs of muscle in three weeks, you'll also lose upto 40ibs of fat in the same time.
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevsworld View Post
I'm with you guys on this--350 bucks is just completely ridiculous.
I see from your website that you have the same love/hate relationship with T-Nation that I have. Too much of that in the Industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83
well i've got a new supplement coming out. for just $450, $300 if you pre order, you'll get this revoloutionary new sup that will add up to 50ibs of muscle in just 3 weeks. What is this new sup, Super Hypocondriactol. And for just $50 more i'll throw in hardcore weeinebabysupergrowth. with that stack you will not only gain up to 50ibs of muscle in three weeks, you'll also lose upto 40ibs of fat in the same time.
That sounds like SDI-Labs products:

Quote:
SDI-Labs. Heard of them? Well if you haven’t, you better listen up and take notice. If you don’t, one of your friends could get the royal shaft from these uber scammers.

SDI-Labs spends a fortune each month on glossy ads. You’ve most likely seen their multi-page ads in Muscular Development. They claim to peddle “legal steroids.” And you better get them before the government takes these “steroids” off the market! Well, at least that’s what their website states.

An SDI-Labs “stack” revolves around three primary junk products – Winni-V, D-Bol, and Masterbolan. Well if those products don’t sound like steroids, nothing does. Hell, they must at least be prohormones, right?

Hell no. They’re shit. Pure shit in a bottle. And every last freaking claim on the SDI-Labs website is pure bunk. Go ahead, piss away your cash by supporting these clowns.

SDI-Labs is all to eager to help build a cycle specifically for you. Just head to their website and take a look. Stack packages run from $250 to $800 a cycle. Unfortunately, the cycles only last 1-3 months. What an awesome deal. Sorry, if you couldn’t tell, that was sarcasm.

So, let’s do the math…if you have $3,200 spare buckaroos burning a hole in your pocket, then you can afford SDI-Labs uber juice for a year. What a deal!

Or, for that price you could purchase 100 bottles of any effective prohormone, and have enough legal juice to last you for 25 years. No shit! Do the math. Let’s see…should you purchase a year’s worth of SDI-Labs bullshit, or a lifetime supply of prohormones? Hmmm…I’ll have to think about this one.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #15
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I logged onto my t-nation account that I've never used, and said this was all utter BS. Somehow my post disappeared.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #16
TitanWIP
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39

TitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good posts

I'm trying to understand the mid set of those defending TNation. Can someone please exlain to me why you defend a scammer? Isn't a scammer the same as a thief? If I tried to con your grandmother out of $400 I would go to jail. Sure, it's legal. I get that. But we still know it's wrong.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's right. We still have to make ethical and moral judgements, and they aren't based on legality. If I kick your dog when no ones around because I can legally get away with it, it's still not the right thing to do.

Some of the worst thieves are the ones that take the gray areas of law and abuse them for profit.
TitanWIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #17
Kevsworld
Brawn
Points: 2,611, Level: 31 Points: 2,611, Level: 31 Points: 2,611, Level: 31

Training Exp: 20+
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Creatine Mono, Protein
Kevsworld has made some quality postsKevsworld has made some quality postsKevsworld has made some quality postsKevsworld has made some quality postsKevsworld has made some quality postsKevsworld has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanWIP View Post
I'm trying to understand the mid set of those defending TNation. Can someone please exlain to me why you defend a scammer? Isn't a scammer the same as a thief? If I tried to con your grandmother out of $400 I would go to jail. Sure, it's legal. I get that. But we still know it's wrong.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's right. We still have to make ethical and moral judgements, and they aren't based on legality. If I kick your dog when no ones around because I can legally get away with it, it's still not the right thing to do.

Some of the worst thieves are the ones that take the gray areas of law and abuse them for profit.
I think some people are so desperate for results they want to believe in "magic bullets." My blog gets a lot of traffic from my posts on the whole Stemulite scam. I occasionally get hate mail from idiots telling me it added lb's to their bench press.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevsworld View Post
I think some people are so desperate for results they want to believe in "magic bullets." My blog gets a lot of traffic from my posts on the whole Stemulite scam. I occasionally get hate mail from idiots telling me it added lb's to their bench press.
I made a post about Stemulite as a scam. Maybe that's the one you found?