Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Bronco
Cool Guy
Brawn
Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21 Points: 1,448, Level: 21
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Chicken
Bronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributorBronco is a dedicated contributor
Default Lost my squat

Ok, I've been working really hard on my squat since around August of last year.
I'm not naturally very good at squatting, but I had it up to 335lbs a few months ago.
Then i hurt my knee doing some light box squats and had to lay off the knee for a few weeks.
Now my knee is feeling 100%. Last week I was doing some fairly heavy squats and really didn't perform well.
Then, today, I thought i would work up to some heavy singles.
I worked up to a 275x2 and it was tough. Then I tried a 295 and failed!
What's up with this? If I hadn't worked so hard on the 275 I probably would have got the 295, but even then, I'm 40 pounds down? That's not even 90%, come on!
It's not like my knee gave me trouble, I just didn't have the strength.

you think maybe my knee is not really full strength yet, and i just don't realize it?
i have lost about 10lbs of bodyweight in the last couple of months, but i just set a new 1RM on my deadlift at 405, and my bench press seems to be doing ok.
i really don't want have to spend another 6 months building up my squat just to get it back to where it was because of a really minor injury. this stinks.
should i get a belt and some knee sleeves to try and inflate my squat numbers so i don't feel so bad about it?
or should i just give up on squatting anything heavy and settle for having pansy legs?
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links