Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast
Default Teen Metabolism

This is someone I came across on youtube.
I was looking at transformation videos when his poped up in the side bar.
I got interested as the video started, because in the beggining, his body looks very similar to mine.
He has a bit more muscle, but in terms of bodyfat, me and him look very similar.
The transformation was 6 months, which I thought was short, but by the end, he'd added quite a bit of muscle to his frame, and looked more or less the same in terms of bodyfat.

I emailed him to find out a bit more and to quize him on what he did.

He told me how he gained barly and fat during the 6 months, and how he thinks cardio twice a week, and intermitent fasting 1 or 2 times a week will have helped him to stay lean.
I don't really see how either of those would have made that much of a difference, seen as you have to eat above maintainance to gain muscl, and stay around maintainance to stay the same weight.

When I asked him about this, he said although he thinks both those things helped, Motabolism played a huge role.

Heres what he said:
"Honestly lil bro. Here's my take. We got awesome metabolism. It keeps us young and it burns through fat like nothing. I haven't gotten any fat because of my metabolism. I'm 5'11. You probably got 1 or 2 more inches to go. Until you meet your potential height, your bulk may not be effective. Let's be honest here.

Now what you CAN expect is to actually put on some muscular size. You watched my 6 month transformation. Literally, it took that many months. You'll need to lift about 3-4 times a week. 45 mins at the most not including warm ups and cool downs. 45 mins dedicated intense workout."

So he thinks the reason he stayed lean was because of his teen metabolism.
He said also that seen as I'm a teen, I should be able to do the same.

Obviously I found this interesting seen as I've just started my own bulk.
As you say if you watched the video, he did put on size, while more or less maintaining his starting body fat percentage.

What do you think?
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links