Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Teen Metabolism (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12959)

LindenGarcia18 03-19-2013 05:40 PM

Teen Metabolism

This is someone I came across on youtube.
I was looking at transformation videos when his poped up in the side bar.
I got interested as the video started, because in the beggining, his body looks very similar to mine.
He has a bit more muscle, but in terms of bodyfat, me and him look very similar.
The transformation was 6 months, which I thought was short, but by the end, he'd added quite a bit of muscle to his frame, and looked more or less the same in terms of bodyfat.

I emailed him to find out a bit more and to quize him on what he did.

He told me how he gained barly and fat during the 6 months, and how he thinks cardio twice a week, and intermitent fasting 1 or 2 times a week will have helped him to stay lean.
I don't really see how either of those would have made that much of a difference, seen as you have to eat above maintainance to gain muscl, and stay around maintainance to stay the same weight.

When I asked him about this, he said although he thinks both those things helped, Motabolism played a huge role.

Heres what he said:
"Honestly lil bro. Here's my take. We got awesome metabolism. It keeps us young and it burns through fat like nothing. I haven't gotten any fat because of my metabolism. I'm 5'11. You probably got 1 or 2 more inches to go. Until you meet your potential height, your bulk may not be effective. Let's be honest here.

Now what you CAN expect is to actually put on some muscular size. You watched my 6 month transformation. Literally, it took that many months. You'll need to lift about 3-4 times a week. 45 mins at the most not including warm ups and cool downs. 45 mins dedicated intense workout."

So he thinks the reason he stayed lean was because of his teen metabolism.
He said also that seen as I'm a teen, I should be able to do the same.

Obviously I found this interesting seen as I've just started my own bulk.
As you say if you watched the video, he did put on size, while more or less maintaining his starting body fat percentage.

What do you think?

Off Road 03-19-2013 06:14 PM

I think I told you about macro-rotation about 10 threads ago. . .
You are still spinning those wheels, aren't you?
Most guys that do what you are doing burn out in a few months!

Don't be that guy.

Boom 03-19-2013 07:22 PM

I don't think a guy that's serious about getting results with weight lifting should even entertain the thought of staying lean when he's only 150lbs at 5'11", especially a teenager.

northernbulk 03-19-2013 07:30 PM

Trust this site not some random teen you saw on youtube there are alot of very smart people on here with years of muscle building experience #btbknows

Disciple X 03-19-2013 08:08 PM

This guy has 6 months "experience"........

If you're looking for advice, listen to the people who have been in the trenches for a while...

jdmalm123 03-19-2013 08:19 PM

He had good enough progress...probably did slow his gains down with his approach...I gained 19 lbs of muscle from age 16 to 18 and never went over 4% BF...When I went to college, I trained heavier, less often and ate 4 meals a day...gained 10 lbs in one semester.

BendtheBar 03-19-2013 09:22 PM

I've picked the brain of the best in the world. Between them, and the guys on this forum, we have 5,000 years experience.

I made a 6 month transformation too once. And my hair was better.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/mem...3-cubsdork.jpg

BendtheBar 03-19-2013 09:24 PM

That transformation he did is normal. That's how it should work. That's what we're trying to help you achieve.

My question to you is...do you want our help?

LindenGarcia18 03-20-2013 05:20 AM

I think you really misunderstood me here.
Of coarse I want your help, thats why I'm here.
If I knew that I stay around the same body fat and still put on some size in 6 months then I wouldn't have asked all those questions and be worried about getting fat.
What makes you think that I thought this guy has more experience?

I never said that, and I never implied it.
He doesn't really have any experience, but I noticed he had a similar body to mine when he started, and more importantly I noticed him make progress over six months gaining little or no fat, which is what I wanted to achieve.

I'm no longer spinning my wheels, I have a goal in mind and have already started, I just wanted your opinions.
I'm actively doing something, remember that. Not every question I ask is me getting stressed as my barbell gathers dust. I'm over that now.
Off road, I didn't realize what he was doing was macro rotation, sorry.
Why you thought I was taking advice from him I don't know, mostly I didn't believe him because I didn't know what he did was possible.
Which comes back to why I was asking you, the experienced ones in the first place!

On that other thread, many said "the weight I gain will make me look better anyway" or "If you feel like this, leave your bulk till after your holiday"
Then I see a video of someone who hasn't gained anyfat, but built some size, I get confused again.
If I'd have know this was what I could expect, then I wouldn't have started that other thread.
It was a mistake on my part, I didn't understand. I'm sorry guys

big_swede 03-20-2013 05:58 AM

If you spent as much time in the gym and playing sports as you are infront of the computer, you can achieve your goal in 1month. Iam serious. Forget about the internet for one month and instead lift, run, jump, climb, dance whatever thats physical! You will feel awesome and look great.