Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #11
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

[QUOTE=I trained heavier, less often and ate 4 meals a day...gained 10 lbs in one semester.[/QUOTE]

of muscle?
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #12
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
I think you really misunderstood me here.
Of coarse I want your help, thats why I'm here.
If I knew that I stay around the same body fat and still put on some size in 6 months then I wouldn't have asked all those questions and be worried about getting fat.
What makes you think that I thought this guy has more experience?

I never said that, and I never implied it.
He doesn't really have any experience, but I noticed he had a similar body to mine when he started, and more importantly I noticed him make progress over six months gaining little or no fat, which is what I wanted to achieve.

I'm no longer spinning my wheels, I have a goal in mind and have already started, I just wanted your opinions.
I'm actively doing something, remember that. Not every question I ask is me getting stressed as my barbell gathers dust. I'm over that now.
Off road, I didn't realize what he was doing was macro rotation, sorry.
Why you thought I was taking advice from him I don't know, mostly I didn't believe him because I didn't know what he did was possible.
Which comes back to why I was asking you, the experienced ones in the first place!

On that other thread, many said "the weight I gain will make me look better anyway" or "If you feel like this, leave your bulk till after your holiday"
Then I see a video of someone who hasn't gained anyfat, but built some size, I get confused again.
If I'd have know this was what I could expect, then I wouldn't have started that other thread.
It was a mistake on my part, I didn't understand. I'm sorry guys
But, I addressed this in a thread and the next thing I saw was a thread you put up with Scooby vid in it saying the same thing as I'd said questioning whether it could be done...even though I'd already stated it can be and some do lose fat and gain lean mass simultaneously.

Those sorts of threads, understandably, drive people nuts; consider how you'd feel, if you informed someone of a factual item only to see them question your input.

The issue is, not that you ask a question, but that you continually question the advice being put out there, and it's the same advice on the same topic, that's what is worse.

People recomp (gain lean mass/ lose fat (or gain no fat)), especially newcomers to weights, as you get more and more lean, it's less easy to recomp but it can still be done. Read some logs on here, check people's diets logs out, follow their plans, if necessary...BUT, and it's the big but, just get down to it and as people have suggested, ask questions later on as you tweak, as things slow, as you make progress.

It has been seen, so many times that it's unbelieveable, people that continually question without training end up doing nothing but accumulating info which does nothing for them.

One thing that needs to be addressed is your OCD, not only will it cause issues now, as it seems to be doing with your training set-up but it will also cause relationship issues; get it addressed professionally before you look back in 25 years time and wish you had, it might just be one of the best things you do as it will enhance all areas of your life.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #13
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Forget about the internet for one month and instead lift, run, jump, climb, dance whatever thats physical! You will feel awesome and look great.
This x elevenbillionty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
The issue is, not that you ask a question, but that you continually question the advice being put out there, and it's the same advice on the same topic, that's what is worse.
Exactly this. We all gave you (Linden) the same basic advice, we can't all be wrong

The frustrating part for me and others is that we all want to help every member of this forum achieve their goals. When we see the constant questioning, and we've seen it many times before, we know that person has a smaller chance of actual success. You are part of the MAB community now and we care, otherwise we'd just ignore you
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
But, I addressed this in a thread and the next thing I saw was a thread you put up with Scooby vid in it saying the same thing as I'd said questioning whether it could be done...even though I'd already stated it can be and some do lose fat and gain lean mass simultaneously.

Those sorts of threads, understandably, drive people nuts; consider how you'd feel, if you informed someone of a factual item only to see them question your input.

People recomp (gain lean mass/ lose fat (or gain no fat)), especially newcomers to weights, as you get more and more lean, it's less easy to recomp but it can still be done. Read some logs on here, check people's diets logs out, follow their plans, if necessary...BUT, and it's the big but, just get down to it and as people have suggested, ask questions later on as you tweak, as things slow, as you make progress.

It has been seen, so many times that it's unbelieveable, people that continually question without training end up doing nothing but accumulating info which does nothing for them.

One thing that needs to be addressed is your OCD, not only will it cause issues now, as it seems to be doing with your training set-up but it will also cause relationship issues; get it addressed professionally before you look back in 25 years time and wish you had, it might just be one of the best things you do as it will enhance all areas of your life.

Iv'e told all of you, that I've already started
Yet when I ask a question you tell me how I'm spinning my wheels, and ending up not doing anything.
I'm lifting weights, and eating more food.
I can ask questions whilst I'm doing that, I'm not saying its going to effect my training.

In regards to the questions, and the scooby vid. That was different.
He disregarded the bulking and cutting theory as outdated, and reckoned you could build as much muscle, while simultaneously losing fat.
The advice you all gave to me, was that it was possible, but not efficient.
To build the most muscle, you bulk, then cut. Trying to do both doesn't work that great.
To me they seem different things.
If I posted a video about the inefficiency of trying to gain muscle and lose weight at the same time then yeah, of coarse, you already told me the ins and outs of that.
The scooby video, was scooby's take on muscle building, and I asked you because I know your all very knowledgeable on the subject, and I wanted to hear your take on his theory.
Does that mean that I disregarded everything you said? No. I just wanted to see what you thought.

However, I do see now that Iv' been asking very similar questions, to ones you already answered.
There's so much information at my fingertips with the internet, that its easy to get caught up in it.
Its confusion, mixed in with my OCD tendencies. Its not a dig at you or your information, you must realize that.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-20-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #15
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
This x elevenbillionty

Exactly this. We all gave you (Linden) the same basic advice, we can't all be wrong

The frustrating part for me and others is that we all want to help every member of this forum achieve their goals. When we see the constant questioning, and we've seen it many times before, we know that person has a smaller chance of actual success. You are part of the MAB community now and we care, otherwise we'd just ignore you

Of coarse, I understand.
And you've helped me so much already.
As I said to 5k, Its confusion and OCD making me like this.
I'm by no means disregarding your information, I'm just getting caught up with the ins and outs thats all.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
jiorio95
Max Brawn
Points: 6,215, Level: 51 Points: 6,215, Level: 51 Points: 6,215, Level: 51
Activity: 41% Activity: 41% Activity: 41%

Fav Exercise: Squat
jiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master memberjiorio95 is a master member

I think people can appreciate you looking for knowledge, but if you worry about the ins and outs and crazy details you will burn yourself out. Use your OCD to your advantage, to practice form or proper breathing during lifting.

You have the program, so just eat, sleep, lift and believe in that process.
jiorio95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #17
Corcioch
New Brawn
Points: 286, Level: 5 Points: 286, Level: 5 Points: 286, Level: 5
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Education
Corcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiorio95 View Post
I think people can appreciate you looking for knowledge, but if you worry about the ins and outs and crazy details you will burn yourself out. Use your OCD to your advantage, to practice form or proper breathing during lifting.

You have the program, so just eat, sleep, lift and believe in that process.
Great advice . . . . Find a way to use it to your advantage!!

Those are words to live by.
Corcioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Iv'e told all of you, that I've already started
Yeah, I know you've started training, I've seen your log , I was just highlighting that some (others) do end up doing no training whilst being so overwhelmed by the info out there.

It's just so easy to get caught up in all the different approaches that are available, even people that have been training for years can end up off-track and have to get their head together again.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #19
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

So to clarify, your telling me that this (the video) is what I might be able to achieve in 6 months?
If so thats great.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Anything might happen.

Another thing you must realize is that not all of us believe and do exactly the same things. Most of us probably have the same general thoughts and ideas, but in the specifics we are going to have a lot of variance.

The questions you ask tend to be on very nebulous topics like this one where everyone's experience is going to be a bit different, and then you question the specifics of what they did.

BtB has no idea whether he gained 10 lbs of "muscle" or not back then. Nor does he care or did he even care back then. He just worked and got bigger and stronger. Probably adjusted as he went along.

That's what people are saying to you now! You have the basic general information, you are getting started, our opinions now are going to be guided by what you do and how it affects you. Theory is out the window at this point.

You have to dig in and get your own experience or none of this information is valuable to you. Us debating the finer points of cutting and bulking or this workout over that one is not really useful to you because it's general information.

Get some information on yourself specifically, then we can go from there.

Not saying don't ask questions. Just don't play people off each other because you lack information about yourself that would make the information we're saying meaningful to you.

Hope that makes sense.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote