Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #1
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member
Default calling out "LindenGarcia18"

Pick a goal...
1. cut
2. bulk

eat for it.

youd be making much more progress if youd stop reading and asking so many ridiculous questions and DO THE WORK.
I fully support you hiring a trainer who has clients to support their credentials, to help you with your nutrition.
Regardless. DO THE F*CKING WORK already!!
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #2
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Take it easy on him. He's trying to learn and do things right. There's value in that. Imagine if all of us had access to guidance like we can give here when we were starting. We would have been better off in the end, but probably more confused at the beginning.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

He has a journal and he has started his journey. I wish him all the luck in the world and offer my assistance when needed.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
Pick a goal...
1. cut
2. bulk

eat for it.

youd be making much more progress if youd stop reading and asking so many ridiculous questions and DO THE WORK.
I fully support you hiring a trainer who has clients to support their credentials, to help you with your nutrition.
Regardless. DO THE F*CKING WORK already!!

Sorry If I annoyed you with my questions, I was just getting confused.
However, I've got things into perspective now, and have a goal in mind.

Heres my training log.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ining-log.html

If I was still in that mind set, and was confused and couldn't take on board what was been said countless times by the other member's, then what makes
you think making a special shouty thread for me would make any difference. :P

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-19-2013 at 11:43 AM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

you didnt annoy anyone with questions.
we are all here to help. im just more blunt than most. its good you have a journal. btw dont worry if your peanut butter is "organic". make sure its Natural. only ingredients should be peanuts or peanuts and some salt.

and call out threads....never know, may or may not get your ass moving more. nothing wrong with calling someone out to try and light a fire under their ass.

enjoy, good luck.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #6
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
you didnt annoy anyone with questions.
we are all here to help. im just more blunt than most. its good you have a journal. btw dont worry if your peanut butter is "organic". make sure its Natural. only ingredients should be peanuts or peanuts and some salt.

and call out threads....never know, may or may not get your ass moving more. nothing wrong with calling someone out to try and light a fire under their ass.

enjoy, good luck.

Right, got it.
I bought the organic one because it was the only one that had only peanuts and salt in it.
There were loads of others but they all had quite allot of sugar in.
I tend to got for organic stuff because I don't really trust supermarket stuff, and what they put in the fruit, bread, veg, etc to keep it fresh.
When I make bread at home, it lasts maybe a day or two. The must put a tone of crap in the bought bread to keep it from going off, it lasts for weeks on the shelf.
I grow allot of my own vegetables too.
Read that vegetables and fruit have only 1 third of the nutrients today than they had 50 years ago.

I understand, thanks for the help. I certainly did need to get things started, you weren't to know I already had a Journal up.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Right, got it.
I bought the organic one because it was the only one that had only peanuts and salt in it.
There were loads of others but they all had quite allot of sugar in.
I tend to got for organic stuff because I don't really trust supermarket stuff, and what they put in the fruit, bread, veg, etc to keep it fresh.
When I make bread at home, it lasts maybe a day or two. The must put a tone of crap in the bought bread to keep it from going off, it lasts for weeks on the shelf.
I grow allot of my own vegetables too.
Read that vegetables and fruit have only 1 third of the nutrients today than they had 50 years ago.

I understand, thanks for the help. I certainly did need to get things started, you weren't to know I already had a Journal up.
My 2p:

1. Agree that your best approach is to keep it simple and pursue one goal (probably bulking at your stage).
2. No harm in asking questions and reading. That's how we learn.
3. There's very little convincing evidence that organic food is any better for you. Though there may be some sound ethical reasons for eating it. I've heard that 1/3 of nutrients statement before - it's unlikely to be a anything more than a wild generalisation.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
My 2p:

1. Agree that your best approach is to keep it simple and pursue one goal (probably bulking at your stage).
2. No harm in asking questions and reading. That's how we learn.
3. There's very little convincing evidence that organic food is any better for you. Though there may be some sound ethical reasons for eating it. I've heard that 1/3 of nutrients statement before - it's unlikely to be a anything more than a wild generalisation.

Still, If you grow your own stuff, its got to be better than buying from the supermarket, surely.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Still, If you grow your own stuff, its got to be better than buying from the supermarket, surely.
Depends on the quality of your soil. But yeah, more than likely, its going to be as good if not better.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

The stuff they spray onto fruit and vegetables, and inject into bread to make it last longer can't be good for you.
Bread should only last the day.