Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
it's not so much the questions, it's what he does (or doesn't do) with the answers. he's had the same questions answered many times and usually doesn't seem to have read things that were said to him days ago. if he doesn't remember the stuff and doesn't seem to have read it, what's the point of asking the question? i for one don't enjoy taking part in a shit show.
second, whenever someone gives him good advice -- and he's received a LOT of it -- he immediately begins the process of breaking it down, testing its limits, asking a zillion follow-up questions that obliterate the original answer or obscure his original purpose.
kid, i agree that asking questions is great, and you should continue to do so, but you've asked way more than enough for now. it's not time to ask us our thoughts on a dozen different YouTube videos about guys who you want to look like, it's not time to ask "how do i gain muscle without getting fat?" a zillion different ways using endless combinations of words that all mean the same thing.

Where are the questions about form on exercises? Or what about a form check video from the gym? From what I can tell, you don't even seem to care about actual lifting at all. Sorry, but that's how it seems. You don't seem curious at all about training methods, about lifting/fitness legends, or about the volumes and volumes of great, game-changing books that have been published about lifting and fitness.

I agree with the OP about all these threads. You need to be much less worried about peanut butter and bread and much more worried about your squat technique.

Most of those threads were before I started working out.
So why would I be asking you about form, when I wasn't lifting any weights a few days ago?
Now that I've started, I'm sure to need information of training techniques.

I cant win either way, because If I asked you for information on form and technique, you'd be asking me why I was asking you that, when I'm not working out.
Its all relative to where I am, and at what point.

If I wasn't at all interested in lifting, then why would I have joined this forum and be asking all these questions in the first place?
Yes, I break things down and analyze it, I think we all established I have OCD tendencies.
Thats not my fault, and I'm working on it.
don't see why you have to bring this back up again really, you talk about me repeating myself, yet everyones already told me what you just said a few hours ago.
Anyway, I've already started and have a log up now, so I have done something with the answers I've gotten.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #22
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Most of those threads were before I started working out.
So why would I be asking you about form, when I wasn't lifting any weights a few days ago?
Now that I've started, I'm sure to need information of training techniques.

I cant win either way, because If I asked you for information on form and technique, you'd be asking me why I was asking you that, when I'm not working out.
Its all relative to where I am, and at what point.

If I wasn't at all interested in lifting, then why would I have joined this forum and be asking all these questions in the first place?
Yes, I break things down and analyze it, I think we all established I have OCD tendencies.
Thats not my fault, and I'm working on it.
don't see why you have to bring this back up again really, you talk about me repeating myself, yet everyones already told me what you just said a few hours ago.
Anyway, I've already started and have a log up now, so I have done something with the answers I've gotten.
Don't worry about this Linden...you have to remember on a forum that people will see the first post in a thread and generally won't read everything written after that point which means people may not see that you've started training etc. It's just one of the things that happens

I once had this problem, on another forum, and people were continually answering the question even though I'd got the answer way ahead in the thread just let the thread die...that works too
Old 03-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #23
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Hahaha, yep, L-Cysteine, as Linden points out; the largest amount is derived from duck feathers and human hair (China) being the cheapest source. When they run low on both of these source products they utilise a synthetic version but that is far more expensive and they don't use it for any longer than the human hair and duck feathers need to become available once again. It's placed/dissolved in acid; but, it's still there because it's a component of the mix of which neither is filtered out.

I checked into this

Enjoy that buttie

As someone question, on another internet link, how do we know it's clean hair, or not from dead people etc?
Well, I don't want to derail this thread too much, but...

So bread has extra cysteine in it? Great! More amino acids. So no problem with toxicity, seeing as most of us are trying to scarf down as much cysteine and other aminos as we can. It's going to be sterilised to kingdom come before it gets anywhere near the dough. As to where it comes from, that doesn't bother me. If I can eat an amimal's muscle fibres, tendons, bone marrow, kidneys, liver, fat etc, I'm not going to balk at feathers. Hair? Bring it on. We're all ultimately part of the carbon, nitrogen and water cycles.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #24
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post

So bread has extra cysteine in it? Great! More amino acids. So no problem with toxicity, seeing as most of us are trying to scarf down as much cysteine and other aminos as we can. It's going to be sterilised to kingdom come before it gets anywhere near the dough. As to where it comes from, that doesn't bother me. If I can eat an amimal's muscle fibres, tendons, bone marrow, kidneys, liver, fat etc, I'm not going to balk at feathers. Hair? Bring it on. We're all ultimately part of the carbon, nitrogen and water cycles.
I have this thing about hair...so, not so easy for me to deal with psychologically Fur balls ain't my thing
Old 03-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #25
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post

By all means derail it! Its a good discussion.

I see what you mean, you have a good point there.
Its all what were accustomed to I think.
People don't see eating birds eggs and drinking cows milk as disgusting, yet when you think about it, its pretty sick really haha

Then again though, Like 5k I also have a thing about hair. Especially human hair, that could quite possibly have come from a dead person.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #26
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

80% of dust is dead human skin cells, if it's in the air or on surfaces, you're eating or breathing it. There are insect parts in ALL food even organic, in fact I would bet there's even more insect parts in organic food.

It goes on and on. There is no such thing as "pure" food. We all eat and breathe and touch nauseating crap every day, even if it is infinitesimal. And the smallest microbes are usually the biggest killers too.

I choose to not let that bother me. I do wash fruit and veg and sniff proteins, but hoenstly if it passes the eye, nose and tongue test, I'm going to eat it, feces, feathers, insects and all. Imaginary or not.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I'm right there with you Mike. I'm not going to let a little insect poop stop me from enjoying my meals.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #28
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
80% of dust is dead human skin cells, if it's in the air or on surfaces, you're eating or breathing it. There are insect parts in ALL food even organic, in fact I would bet there's even more insect parts in organic food.

It goes on and on. There is no such thing as "pure" food. We all eat and breathe and touch nauseating crap every day, even if it is infinitesimal. And the smallest microbes are usually the biggest killers too.

I choose to not let that bother me. I do wash fruit and veg and sniff proteins, but hoenstly if it passes the eye, nose and tongue test, I'm going to eat it, feces, feathers, insects and all. Imaginary or not.
Very true
Old 03-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #29
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Just give that chocolate covered poop "raisin" to your friend, at the cinema

Old 03-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #30
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Just give that chocolate covered poop "raisin" to your friend, at the cinema

Or eat it anyway and don't give a crap if your Mike or OffRoad
Thats a good way to be to be honest though. You can't control everything.
All grown food has some nasty stuff in it. Bought or home grown.