Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Here are some pictures of me in my current state.
I don't know what body fat I'm at, I thought maybe you guys would be able to estimate it.
When I attempted to gain weight a couple moths ago, it failed and now I seem to have put on a bit more fat than I had before.
As for semblance of abs, not really. I have a little, although the photos don't show it.

It won't let me upload for some reason, so here are the links to each photo online.

1.) http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/...ps57c88e48.jpg

2.) http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/...psc0c6b5a3.jpg

3.) http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0a0161a8.jpg

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-18-2013 at 01:21 PM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #12
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

i looked at your photos, you need to just hit the weights hard and heavy and eat, if you had muscle a bit of fat would look nothing.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #13
Corcioch
New Brawn
Points: 286, Level: 5 Points: 286, Level: 5 Points: 286, Level: 5
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Education
Corcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good postsCorcioch has made some good posts

You may need a good bit more muscle to help you ever see your abs . .

I have no idea why folks have an obsession with Abs . .but . ..

If you carried more muscle mass you would then find it easier to cut and see your abs . .Muscle is very active tissue and effects metabolism . . .I Think thats the theory anyway, I may be wrong, that may be Bro Science. . . .

Like the poster above said, get stuck into the heavy barbell compound movements and get a good diet with a caloric surplus going . . .you'll be far better off for it.

You may find you loose compete interest in you abs when you see what else you'll be able to create . .
Corcioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #14
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

You're skinny. Cutting will only make you look sickly. Lose the idea of bulking and cutting. Go get on a good lifting program and eat reasonably. Don't eat like the Brute here does. You aren't big enough to need 5000 calories a day to add mass. Don't eat like a girl either.

1. Do you know what your calorie intake is currently? If not, figure that out over the next 2 weeks. There is nothing I can do to help if you don't know what you're doing now.

2. Are you gaining weight, losing weight, or maintaining weight on that?

3. Are you lifting yet? If not, start lifting. Start a log. Link it so that I can see what you are doing.

4. You are going to be more hungry once you start lifting. Eat more to fix that. You shouldn't be hungry for very long at your age.

5. As long as you don't eat until you are completely stuffed, its unlikely that you are going to get fat. If you start to really chub out, dial down the calories a bit.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #15
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Gain muscle AND lose fat!

Opinions?
I already gave my opinion in your other thread.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #16
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
You're skinny. Cutting will only make you look sickly. Lose the idea of bulking and cutting. Go get on a good lifting program and eat reasonably. Don't eat like the Brute here does. You aren't big enough to need 5000 calories a day to add mass. Don't eat like a girl either.

1. Do you know what your calorie intake is currently? If not, figure that out over the next 2 weeks. There is nothing I can do to help if you don't know what you're doing now.

2. Are you gaining weight, losing weight, or maintaining weight on that?

3. Are you lifting yet? If not, start lifting. Start a log. Link it so that I can see what you are doing.

4. You are going to be more hungry once you start lifting. Eat more to fix that. You shouldn't be hungry for very long at your age.

5. As long as you don't eat until you are completely stuffed, its unlikely that you are going to get fat. If you start to really chub out, dial down the calories a bit.

Brute, heres the link to my Log, I have written all the info there
Thanks for your time

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post338339
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #17
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71

Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Had your mindset for a very long time man. I'm only 21 but all I focus on is building. If you will build and put on around 30 pounds. Even if 10 pounds of fat was added. You would not be getting questions about how pretty your abs are you would be getting complimented on your muscle mass! Trust me. I came from 135 pounds and weigh 191 currently! I gained a good 40 pounds in probably 6 months now this was not all muscle but u want bigger arms-gain weight! Sorry but honestly eat a lot. I are dirty a longgg time. That's without getting truly fat. Don't abuse the dirty food just use it as a weapon to gain.
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #18
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71

Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

On a side note it is possible to aggressive bulk. So if u start to gain to much. Back off some
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #19
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Opinions?
You're obsessive-compulsive with minutiae to the point of self-defeat. This fixation on overanalyzing every possible variable that your imagination can conjure before even thinking about actually lifting a weight or actually eating some extra calories will not lead to progress. It's at a point now where it's beyond a normal, healthy level of questioning: it's neurosis. That's just my opinion.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 03-18-2013 at 07:57 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #20
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
Had your mindset for a very long time man. I'm only 21 but all I focus on is building. If you will build and put on around 30 pounds. Even if 10 pounds of fat was added. You would not be getting questions about how pretty your abs are you would be getting complimented on your muscle mass! Trust me. I came from 135 pounds and weigh 191 currently! I gained a good 40 pounds in probably 6 months now this was not all muscle but u want bigger arms-gain weight! Sorry but honestly eat a lot. I are dirty a longgg time. That's without getting truly fat. Don't abuse the dirty food just use it as a weapon to gain.
Way to go Coop!

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote