Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #31
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
. Like my father used to say, "It's time to poop or get off the pot."
Had to laugh, I was in the head as I read this.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #32
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

He says, 1 pound per month. Says allot of good stuff in this video.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #33
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I'm hopping off. . .

Last edited by Off Road; 03-16-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #34
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
BULKING OR GAINING MUSCLE WITHOUT GETTING FAT - YouTube

Are you training yet? I may have missed where you said you were. If not, less worry, more food and deadlifts.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #35
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Are you training yet? I may have missed where you said you were. If not, less worry, more food and deadlifts.
Starting my bulk on monday, with a 5x5 raining program.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #36
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

For the record, I love your interest in learning stuff. I'm that way too. Very analytical, always wanting to understand whats going on. I'm also a control freak, and can't just leave my destiny to the choices of others.

That being said, the strongest people I know are also the ones who know the least. The strongest person I've ever met/trained with held a couple georgia state records in his fed. He was a beast. Thick muscles, naturally strong, just powerful as hell. He knew next to nothing about training. He knew what his high school coach had taught him. He just moved mountains and got stronger. One day I noticed that he squatted with his feet dead straight forward. When I asked him why, he said "that's what my coach told us all to do." Wow. So completely and hilariously incorrect.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm not saying its better to be dumb, but in the end knowing everything isn't what makes you stronger. Good luck!

Last edited by Soldier; 03-16-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #37
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
For the record, I love your interest in learning stuff. I'm that way too. Very analytical, always wanting to understand whats going on. I'm also a control freak, and can't just leave my destiny to the choices of others.

That being said, the strongest people I know are also the ones who know the least. The strongest person I've ever met/trained with held a couple georgia state records in his fed. He was a beast. Thick muscles, naturally strong, just powerful as hell. He knew next to nothing about training. He knew what his high school coach had taught him. He just moved mountains and got stronger.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm not saying its better to be dumb, but in the end knowing everything isn't what makes you stronger. Good luck!
It's true, people can get so engrossed in the whys that they either lose sight and training takes a negative hit or their head just spins in confusion from all the seemingly conflicting advice and/or information.

When I first joined a strength-related forum, training was going great as was lean mass gain and such yet when I mentioned my PWO (which was just PB on toast) I got negative reactions saying I should have been taking dextrose (??) or some similar PWO item but the truth is I was getting along fine without it and never bothered to alter the plan...if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it; I did, however, avoid all conversations about nutrition, after that, because I saw little point.

Obviously stage prepping BB-ers will be more inclined to tweak every detail and would agree with the advice I was given but that would be like comparing an athelete to a recreational, though serious, runner etc. Sometimes, it's good to know and sometimes there's no need to know; lift safe, eat, rest...results, pretty much...everything fits within those parameters.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #38
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post

That being said, the strongest people I know are also the ones who know the least. The strongest person I've ever met/trained with held a couple georgia state records in his fed. He was a beast. Thick muscles, naturally strong, just powerful as hell. He knew next to nothing about training. He knew what his high school coach had taught him. He just moved mountains and got stronger. One day I noticed that he squatted with his feet dead straight forward. When I asked him why, he said "that's what my coach told us all to do." Wow. So completely and hilariously incorrect.

Great advice mate.
I seem to over analyze everything, and go round like a round about (hence offroads picture ), and it never gets me anywhere in the end.
I know this, yet there's always something there to stop me getting here I want to be. Its all in my head mind you, but I feel I need to learn more to get the most out of my training.
This logic is flawed, I really need to sort my thinking out!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #39
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
It's true, people can get so engrossed in the whys that they either lose sight and training takes a negative hit or their head just spins in confusion from all the seemingly conflicting advice and/or information.

When I first joined a strength-related forum, training was going great as was lean mass gain and such yet when I mentioned my PWO (which was just PB on toast) I got negative reactions saying I should have been taking dextrose (??) or some similar PWO item but the truth is I was getting along fine without it and never bothered to alter the plan...if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it; I did, however, avoid all conversations about nutrition, after that, because I saw little point.

Obviously stage prepping BB-ers will be more inclined to tweak every detail and would agree with the advice I was given but that would be like comparing an athelete to a recreational, though serious, runner etc. Sometimes, it's good to know and sometimes there's no need to know; lift safe, eat, rest...results, pretty much...everything fits within those parameters.

And thats the thing, I have no insane goals like a pro bodybuilder would, nor the ones a powerlifter would either.
I want to do this because I enjoy it. Get stronger and look good in the process.
The over analysis of everythings is making me forget why I want to do this in the first place, its crazy :P
Old 03-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #40
Boom
Brawn
Points: 1,211, Level: 19 Points: 1,211, Level: 19 Points: 1,211, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Boom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributorBoom is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
BULKING OR GAINING MUSCLE WITHOUT GETTING FAT - YouTube

Considering you're 125lbs, you should aim for more than 1lb a month.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote