Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #21
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Nobody here can give you exact answers or any guarantees of success. Anybody that even tries is just blowing smoke up your skirt. We don't know you and you don't have a past track record to reference, so there are way too many variables and unknowns to even begin. But after 6 [or so] threads on the same topic we are right back at the beginning and you are no closer to the answer you are looking for. Like my father used to say, "It's time to poop or get off the pot."
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #22
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Stop already. Based upon your comments you are still a teen, which means a couple of factors are in your favor. You are probably still growing and you probably have a pretty fast metabolism (the fact that you only weigh 125 also tells me you also eat like a bird.) If you are working hard in the gym and eating at a pace to gain 1 lb a week, in 4 months you are only talking about 16 lbs. Again, if you are working hard in the gym, it won't be all fat and you could stand to gain 16 pounds. So kill it in the gym and eat.

Here is the simple plan. Eat protein every time you eat something. Make sure to eat your veggies. Eat when you are hungry. Avoid cakes, cookies and the like. Focus on protein, fats and good carbs. At your weight, eating a ton of meals will be hard, make use of shakes to SUPPLEMENT not instead of food. This is not rocket science. Just do it.

I just ate averagely to be honest, 3 square healthy meals a day.
I hear you, what your saying makes sense.
If I gained 16 pounds, I'm assuming it would be a 1:1 ratio?
50/50 fat and muscle.
From what I've been reading, like you said 1lb per week is the best way to go about it. If you eat more than that, you have more fat gain, and if you gain less than 1lb a week then your limiting muscle growth.
As long as its 1:1, I shouldn't look too bad because of the 8lbs of muscle I gained, If it works out.

Last edited by LindenGarcia18; 03-16-2013 at 09:00 AM.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #23
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Well I thought maybe There was a happy medium.
I mean its 4 in months. It just depends how different weight wise I'll look in that time.
I'm a skinny 125 pounds so more weight isn't going to hurt, I just dont want to look skinny fat.
As I said, especially on my face, that would be a disaster.
Skinny fat mostly occurs in people that do not weight train or have never trained at all, it's highly unlikely that is going to be the case for you.

Quote:
I had a look at the book, but I'm in the UK I can't find anywhere else to buy it.

I'll tell you how it is.
I'll sound like an idiot here, but this is why I'm pondering which option to go for.
There's this girl I've liked for years, she likes me too, and she's invited me to go to the Canary Islands with her in July.

Its kind of a big chance for me, and while my fitness goals are very important, this is all I can think about at the moment.
I'm in my final year of school, and decided to be home schooled by my mum who's a teacher. The schools ethos sucks, and is rapidly gone down hill from been one of the best, to one of the worst due to a change in headship and staff.
I've been going here there and everywhere since I left doing exams, and haven't seen her in ages because I've been out of town.
We speak everyday, and were both really missing each other, she's like my best friend.
So, this summer as I said were going to the Canary Islands, which is where half my family comes from, and its a chance to make things happen, with all the exams and stress out of the way.

Now I'm not one for been bothered about what people think of me, but in this case, very much so.
Obviously though, I want to look my best, rather than been half way through a bulk looking podgy, on an island thats predominantly beaches.
I'd be incredibly self conscious the whole time.
I know I'm skinny already, but then I fear I could go skinny fat. Seen as muscle takes longer to develop than fat.

I know you say I wont get fat on a bulk, but I'll still gain some fat. Particularly I'm worried about it being noticed on my face.
If she asks me "have you put on weight" I think I'll die.
Yes, I believe you all when you day I wont get fat, but maybe there will be a noticeable difference even if its slight?
Please don't laugh at me guys :P
I know it will sound silly, but thats why I'm trying to gauge this right.
There is weight and there is weight, you can put on weight without it being bad; with additional muscle mass, fat mass is offset to some degree, meaning that a person with 15% fat but lots of muscle can pull it off and still look somewhat leaner (more muscular) than a person with 10% fat and less muscle mass than the guy at 15% bodyfat, and so forth.

Have you tried Amazon for the book?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #24
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

we dont even know how well you are progressing in the gym, that would help.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #25
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Nobody here can give you exact answers or any guarantees of success. Anybody that even tries is just blowing smoke up your skirt. We don't know you and you don't have a past track record to reference, so there are way too many variables and unknowns to even begin. But after 6 [or so] threads on the same topic we are right back at the beginning and you are no closer to the answer you are looking for. Like my father used to say, "It's time to poop or get off the pot."

Yeah your right.
I'm just trying to get everything right before I go into this I guess.
I'll be starting on monday, and I'm setting up a log on here to track my progress.
Hopefully I have it sorted somewhat.
I just don't want to make a mistake with it, thats why I'm asking so many questions.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #26
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
we dont even know how well you are progressing in the gym, that would help.
I'll be setting up a log like you said
Old 03-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #27
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Yeah your right.
I'm just trying to get everything right before I go into this I guess.
I'll be starting on monday, and I'm setting up a log on here to track my progress.
Hopefully I have it sorted somewhat.
I just don't want to make a mistake with it, thats why I'm asking so many questions.

It's practically impossible to get everything right prior to starting a routine/ eating plan, there will always invariably be tweaks to be made along the way which is part of the learning process and a good thing in general; get in there and tweak as you go, if there are tweaks to be made.

A mistake can be a positive thing.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #28
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Skinny fat mostly occurs in people that do not weight train or have never trained at all, it's highly unlikely that is going to be the case for you.

There is weight and there is weight, you can put on weight without it being bad; with additional muscle mass, fat mass is offset to some degree, meaning that a person with 15% fat but lots of muscle can pull it off and still look somewhat leaner (more muscular) than a person with 10% fat and less muscle mass than the guy at 15% bodyfat, and so forth.
I'll check out amazon for that book, I think I really need it.

Have you tried Amazon for the book?

Thats what I thought, and thats what btb was saying in the video.
Looks like I'll gain 16 pounds over the 4 months. Weather I look good or not after that is the question. I'll post some pictures tonight on my log.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #29
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
The only guarantee I can give is that you WILL make mistakes.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #30
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

like off road said you will make mistakes, but we learn by them.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote