Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #61
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
He will have developed both I'm sure. To what extent? Who knows. It is said that dry muscle will make up approximately 80% of your size while fluid build-up will make up approximately 20% of your size.

If you have a major curiosity about this stuff, maybe study it in school. But building muscle and strength is more of an art than a science, which is just a fancy way of saying that you should do what works and not what scientific studies say is best. Just look for trends in the areas you want to enter; power lifters use lower reps and bodybuilders use higher reps. No matter what science says is best it will probably always be this way because it's been proven to work. We can argue it all day long but as they say, "The proof is in the pudding."

Well that doesn't seem as bad if 80% is dry, I thought there was no way of telling? Are those percentages dependent on how the person trains?

Yeah I am going to be studying exercise science at school, I'm doing it at GCSE level at the moment ,again though, I keep my training separate, and do the stuff that works now.

Scientific therorys about
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #62
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Well that doesn't seem as bad if 80% is dry, I thought there was no way of telling? Are those percentages dependent on how the person trains?

Yeah I am going to be studying exercise science at school, I'm doing it at GCSE level at the moment ,again though, I keep my training separate, and do the stuff that works now.

Scientific therorys about
fare play to you for staying in school and studying exercise science and doing your GCSE, I didn't and i regret it, i am more of a hands on type of guy. I wish you luck with your studying and lifting.

Last edited by leefarley; 02-25-2013 at 05:43 AM.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #63
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Well that doesn't seem as bad if 80% is dry,
That is the generally accepted average that I've found from the brief bit of research I did on he subject. Much of it will depend on your genetics, leanness, and how close you are to your potential.

Quote:
I thought there was no way of telling?
I'm pretty sure they have ways of telling what you have, but I'm not a science guy. The harder part, and the part that would drive you crazy, is determining what part of your routine and diet attribute to the different percentages.

Quote:
Are those percentages dependent on how the person trains?
Not as far as I could tell, these were generally listed as the percentages you will have when you are near your genetic potential. It didn't really matter which type you trained for, you'd end up building both in approximately the same percentages. That's why if you are a science guy, studying it could be fun. But if you are like me, you just accept it and move on because in the long run "it is what it is."
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #64
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
fare play to you for staying in school and studying exercise science and doing your GCSE, I didn't and i regret it, i am more of a hands on type of guy. I wish you luck with your studying and lifting.
Thanks Lee, appreciate that mate.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #65
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
It didn't really matter which type you trained for, you'd end up building both in approximately the same percentages. That's why if you are a science guy, studying it could be fun. But if you are like me, you just accept it and move on because in the long run "it is what it is."
I'm not normally the science guy to be honest. Just gets on my nerves when I can't find the answer to something, and I feel compelled to learn about it.

Don't suppose you remember the site you found those figures at?
Be interested to read it abit more.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #66
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Don't suppose you remember the site you found those figures at?
Be interested to read it abit more.
I have no idea, it was years ago.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote