Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
itsmemario
New Brawn
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

itsmemario is off to a good startitsmemario is off to a good startitsmemario is off to a good start
Post Exausted after any serious muscle workout

Hello all, I need some advice.

I've been going to the gym since I was 15, now I'm 23, never really serious and only about 2-3 times a week.

But now I want to get a little more serious about my workout, but every time I get to do some good exercise on a muscle pair, ex: squats, I get sooo exausted I can't finish other leg muscles. Yet 10-20 min. after the workout I fell fine and my muscles crave for more exercise.

2 years ago I had to remove my appendage, and I didn't properly do physiotherapy so I have a small difficulty taking full breaths.

I don't sleep too much, around 5-6 hours a day, I eat alot and frequently (meat, carbs, vegetables, not many fruits and sweets and sandwiches I try to avoid). I also spend most of my day sitting down, around 14 hours a day sitting.

I'm 1,85m and last time I weighted myself I had 85kg.

Are there any kind of exercises to help me?
itsmemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmemario View Post

I don't sleep too much, around 5-6 hours a day,
Hey there, this is most likely your problem...you need to rest even more than you are in the gym and eating. There aren't any exercises that will work if you dont rest!

Hope that helps some!
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:

I've been going to the gym since I was 15, now I'm 23, never really serious and only about 2-3 times a week.

But now I want to get a little more serious about my workout, but every time I get to do some good exercise on a muscle pair, ex: squats, I get sooo exausted I can't finish other leg muscles. Yet 10-20 min. after the workout I fell fine and my muscles crave for more exercise.
2 years ago I had to remove my appendage, and I didn't properly do physiotherapy so I have a small difficulty taking full breaths.

I don't sleep too much, around 5-6 hours a day, I eat alot and frequently (meat, carbs, vegetables, not many fruits and sweets and sandwiches I try to avoid). I also spend most of my day sitting down, around 14 hours a day sitting.

Being tired after squats sounds about right, so does being invigorated after a 10-20 minute break not that it indicates you should exercise again just because you feel more recuperated.

Sitting for 14 hrs a day, may mean you need to get some basic cardio work in to boost health and ultimately energy levels, that may help with the weights because you'll have more reserves to draw on.

It could also be that you're going in too hard, at this point and may need to back-off a touch and allow the body to adapt to the workouts.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
itsmemario
New Brawn
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

itsmemario is off to a good startitsmemario is off to a good startitsmemario is off to a good start

Thanks for the quick replies. How does 3 days of gym and 2 of cardio(running) per week sound?
itsmemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks for the quick replies. How does 3 days of gym and 2 of cardio(running) per week sound?
Sounds good.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

5kg's got this one covered. . .Moving on.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #7
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

Quote:

Some easy solutions here... if you need 15-20 min after squats, take it. Then continue on. I'm slow in the gym. I take 5-10 minutes between most sets. Treats me fine.

At work (i assume its work that causes you to sit so long) try not to sit for a long period of time. I used to have an office job and would take any chance i could to get up and move around. Take a stroll aroound the office. Go grab a sip of water. Stand up and stretch a minute. You'll be surprised how much that by itself will help.
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
You'll get used to it.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #9
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Wait, curiosity has me. What "appendage" did you have removed that causes breathing issues? Sorry, inquiring minds just have to know.

Now to answer your question. I personally, would need a ton more information. The above question, I need to know physical limitations. What does your current workout actually look like? SB is right, you need to get more and better sleep. 5k right too, in general, but for us to help you specifically, more info is needed. What does your diet look like specifically. When I hear,
Quote:
my red flags go up, I picture this . I am suspecting, sleep, diet, training and lifestyle issues all need to be addressed. Not trying to be mean, I am trying to be honest in answering your question. We really need more info to better be able to help.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Last edited by bamazav; 02-17-2013 at 07:54 AM.
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Bam's 100% right on this one. For any concrete advise we would need a lot more info.

Here's the deal though. For your squats in general if you are lifting heavy for you with limited rest breaks between sets your body will fatigue quickly. If you want your body to be trained for reps then you need to drop some weight and increase the rep intensity and be patient. You need to train your body to handle whatever type of load you want to throw at it and that my friend just plain and simple takes time.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote