Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
the banging of plates and bars almost always awoke Mrs Squatter and she was growing really tired of it. Unhappy wife = unhappy life.
lol
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Great Info guys. Thanks. I really appreciate you guys relaying your personal experiences on the topic.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
WilldBill88
King of The Cowboys
Max Brawn
Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47 Points: 5,489, Level: 47
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 2 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
WilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beastWilldBill88 is a lifting beast

Because of my job I usually work 1pm-9pm so by the time I get off work my gym is about to close. So, I have to train in the morning to get my workout in. I personally like it cause I have the rest of the day to do whatever and I seem to feel more fresh/energetic during the morning. Basically I wake up, eat breakfast, wait 30mins to an hour and then go the gym. Come home, have a protein shake, shower, eat lunch and go to work.
WilldBill88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
Cutty
Max Brawn
Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

I train when I first wake up fasted. I have been for a little over 1.5 years I love it.
Cutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 AM   #15
evarola
New Brawn
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

evarola has made some quality postsevarola has made some quality postsevarola has made some quality postsevarola has made some quality postsevarola has made some quality postsevarola has made some quality postsevarola has made some quality posts

morning is a good time. the testosterone levels are high. It will give you good results. also this is something i do and i think it helps me, i do breathing exercises for 5 mins. this way i oxygenate myself and this gives me an edge. also since i have rest of the day to perform i lie dead on the floor for 5-10 mins to relax, my recovery time has improved since.
evarola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #16
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

So I woke up this morning at 4:30am and had my first fasted training session. I chose today because it was the start of a new cycle and I have reset all my lifts back to 90%. Although, seeing as how today was the first monday of the time change, it probably wasn't optimal to start today.

Upon waking I had a big cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream. After drinking that I started drinking water. I drank water as I trained.
Today was an Upper body day, with OHP being the core lift. Out of all my days, this is probably the "easiest" as far as load is concerned. So this was a good workout to start with. Also, I am currently using straight across sets for my assistance work. Probably not the best idea, because of the high volume. I did however cut back fro 4 straight sets to 3.

During the first exercise I felt a bit light headed at times, but nothing to serious. I noticed between sets I felt a bit, light headed and spacey during the first couple exercises, but it seemed to disipate as the session went on.

All in all, I don't really feel like training fasted and in the morning effected my session too much. Although, tommorow is Squats and Power Cleans. It's one thing to OHP first thing in the morning, it's a whole other ball game with a complex movement like power cleans and a big ass movement like squats are involed.

Training this way was different, but I think I will adjust. I went ahead and ordered some whey isolate to add to my coffee on training days. I think the added aminos will help me not feel so famished.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #17
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

I'm not a morning person. More of a snooze button person. So I give you props for just being up that early willing to train!

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
northernbulk
Max Brawn
Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14 Points: 710, Level: 14
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: bench
Fav Supp: Whey iso
northernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributornorthernbulk is a dedicated contributor

I love morning training
northernbulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #19
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

Josh, if you're getting that feeling constantly (light headedness) I would look at your last meal the night before. You should make sure you're eating enough that night to fuel your workout the next morning.

I am not saying pig out right before bed or anything, but make sure you're getting plenty of intake to hold you over until after your training session.

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
Josh, if you're getting that feeling constantly (light headedness) I would look at your last meal the night before. You should make sure you're eating enough that night to fuel your workout the next morning.

I am not saying pig out right before bed or anything, but make sure you're getting plenty of intake to hold you over until after your training session.
This is a good point. I also have a shake before my morning coffee. I usually have about an hour and a half to two hours between waking and training. Just the way my schedule works.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote