Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New here, can anybody help me please? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12343)

LindenGarcia18 01-29-2013 04:22 PM

New here, can anybody help me please?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, Im new here. I joined so I could get some advice, as im just starting out in weightlifting.
Im 16, 5'10, and 120 pounds. I have my diet in check, and am eating a calorie surplus of 3000 calories.
My problem is with my workout.
My goal is to build strength and muscle.

Now I'd like to look like taylor lautner.

Im not a twilight fan, nor am i a taylor lautner fan. But. I really admire his body, and i'd like to look like that.
(i've uploaded a picture incase you dont know who he is)

I think a 5x5 program is best for me. However, theres been so much mixed info on weather a low rep range like 5x5 will build significant mass or not. I know the most part is don to diet, but obviously the workout routine comes into play also.
There are many mixed opinions on this, and after reading many articles (including the one on this website) i've come to the conclusion that I should do the 5x5, and that I will grow on low reps.

Im still a little confused though, so I'm asking for your opinions.

My question is: Can I build mass and look like taylor lautner, by doing a 5x5 and eating right.

Any advice appreciated.

leefarley 01-29-2013 04:44 PM

a 5x5 will build strength and muscle it has been tried and tested for a lot of years, to look like that guy in the photo you would have to bulk then do a cut,Some one with more experince on this forum could help you more.

LindenGarcia18 01-29-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leefarley (Post 318579)
a 5x5 will build strength and muscle it has been tried and tested for a lot of years, to look like that guy in the photo you would have to bulk then do a cut,Some one with more experince on this forum could help you more.

Ok thanks very much for the reply ;)

Off Road 01-29-2013 05:00 PM

Nobody can guarantee what you'll end up looking like. All we can tell you is; if you do the 5x5 routine the way it should be done, eat according to your goals, you will gain muscle and strength. Weather or not you end up looking like that guy is going to be determined by way too many factors that are completely out of our control.

bruteforce 01-29-2013 05:16 PM

Using a 5x5 and good food will get you big and strong. OffRoad is 100% right. You'll look like whatever you look like, genetics will determine a lot of it. But you can add good muscle and get lean and will look awesome.

LindenGarcia18 01-29-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off Road (Post 318593)
Nobody can guarantee what you'll end up looking like. All we can tell you is; if you do the 5x5 routine the way it should be done, eat according to your goals, you will gain muscle and strength. Weather or not you end up looking like that guy is going to be determined by way too many factors that are completely out of our control.

Ok I understand that. I guess I should re-fraise my question though. I was just wondering weather 5x5 COULD give me the ability to achieve a body like his.

LindenGarcia18 01-29-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruteforce (Post 318600)
Using a 5x5 and good food will get you big and strong. OffRoad is 100% right. You'll look like whatever you look like, genetics will determine a lot of it. But you can add good muscle and get lean and will look awesome.

orite man, thank you for the advice :)

Off Road 01-29-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 (Post 318603)
Ok I understand that. I guess I should re-fraise my question though. I was just wondering weather 5x5 COULD give me the ability to achieve a body like his.

Yes, if you were meant to look like that, a quality 5x5 routine could get you there.

Hazzard 01-29-2013 05:51 PM

You're eating a lot and doing 5x5? I think you'll do very well here.

SCStrong 01-29-2013 09:20 PM

A 5x5 and a lot of food will put you on the right path.... may I also suggest the GOMAD diet GOMAD= Gallon of Milk a Day ( Whole Milk) If you are 5' 10" at a buck twenty you could use th extra calories.

I am 5 ' 9" at 180 and am still on that plan. 5 x 5 and GOMAD.

Biggest thing is to work hard, BE PATIENT, Eat Big, Lift Big, and Rest ( this is a biggie) BIG....... Also, buy and read Starting Strength by Ripetoe.... changed my whole outlook on training. Good luck & Welcome to MaB