Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Good post GL. I can't add anything to perfection.
Thanks,

Some things came into focus for me yesterday during my workout. I had a lot of thoughts rambling around, and just put a few down this morning.

Slowly, I'm coming into focus on exactly where this plan is heading. For awhile I was just starting out to cross an Ocean. I've narrowed my destination down, but don't have an exact arrival time worked out yet. This is the beginning of a long cycle to arrive at a yet undetermined specific point.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I've spend spending at least 30 minutes each night trying to piece together a new approach to training. The biggest thing I'm realizing is that I may have to put aside some of my stubborn tendencies.

I want to build to much into a fullbody approach, instead of starting with a frame and adding on.

I know I want to continue to incorporate monitored rest between sets. But one of the sticking points for me is exercise selection. When I look at an HLM approach, I really don't like the idea or working in any isolations, and the thought of higher rep sets...well...isn't a joy. I don't really care for higher rep sets.

I'm thinking that HLM could also be modified by rest between sets. On heavy days, use heavy weights and longer rest periods. On light days, use lighter weights, and brief 15 to 30 second rest periods between sets. This mimics the high rep format, while still keeping my infatuation with rest-pause training.

And thoughts?

Maybe I should start a thread for this issue..."From Splits to Fullbody"

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #13
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
I've spend spending at least 30 minutes each night trying to piece together a new approach to training. The biggest thing I'm realizing is that I may have to put aside some of my stubborn tendencies.

I want to build to much into a fullbody approach, instead of starting with a frame and adding on.

thoughts?

Maybe I should start a thread for this issue..."From Splits to Fullbody"
Yes, Several.

You have hit on what I believe is a major stumbling block for most people.
Making the transition from split to wholebody.

I'm having a day like yesterday at work. I'll get back to this.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

compound movements will always help growth and strength gains. I really feel that isolations exercises are vain(feeling and seeing the immediate pump) and are pretty much useless once the lactic acid burn has left.

Compound movements=move weight, less time, and better gains
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwys61 View Post
compound movements will always help growth and strength gains. I really feel that isolations exercises are vain(feeling and seeing the immediate pump) and are pretty much useless once the lactic acid burn has left.

Compound movements=move weight, less time, and better gains
I ditto this statement.

I can lift a pencil over my head 1000 times in a row and get a pump.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #16
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
I ditto this statement.

I can lift a pencil over my head 1000 times in a row and get a pump.
hell i can get a pump without any equipment, thats why i dont believe its necessary to get one for growth
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #17
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Brawn
Points: 3,859, Level: 39 Points: 3,859, Level: 39 Points: 3,859, Level: 39
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!Arnold Schwarzenegger is one with Crom!

Vat are you talking about??? Da pump is like CUMMING!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #18
Joe Weider
Brawn
Points: 2,934, Level: 33 Points: 2,934, Level: 33 Points: 2,934, Level: 33

Joe Weider is either a troll or a spammerJoe Weider is either a troll or a spammerJoe Weider is either a troll or a spammerJoe Weider is either a troll or a spammerJoe Weider is either a troll or a spammerJoe Weider is either a troll or a spammerJoe Weider is either a troll or a spammerJoe Weider is either a troll or a spammerJoe Weider is either a troll or a spammerJoe Weider is either a troll or a spammerJoe Weider is either a troll or a spammer

If I may interject my 2 cents, I actually unearthed the training principle that the pump was like cumming.

It's called the Weider Muscle Eruption Principle.
Joe Weider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #19
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Weider View Post
If I may interject my 2 cents, I actually unearthed the training principle that the pump was like cumming.

It's called the Weider Muscle Eruption Principle.
You and Al Gore must be related in some way.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Al Gore invented the Internet, but Joe Weider invented the Internet Social Networking Principle.