Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #21
scruffryders
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

scruffryders is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Ok, so I changed the thread question to the above, which is the essence of the discussion, specific names aside.
Yes it is. They will test you before a show and even on off season at any given time. You never know when they will test you and you only have so much time to be tested.
scruffryders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #22
Kleurplaay
Max Brawn
Points: 2,525, Level: 30 Points: 2,525, Level: 30 Points: 2,525, Level: 30
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: dat dere eggs
Kleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributorKleurplaay is a dedicated contributor

I do not know about this specific federation but my general opinion is the following.

If a group of people are close to eachother in physique and all look pretty damn joocy. What sounds more likely to you?

-They are ALL natural, which means they are all 10/10 moral people who condemn the idea of 'cheating.

-None are natural, which means that they are all enhanced and people who do not want to go on the juice are simply not at their level.

I wouldn't call myself a pessimist, but I find the first option extremely unlikely. It's in our nature to want to win, sometimes regardless of rules. You are not going to 'outwork' PEDs or beat juicers as a natty because of your superior genetics, these guys are all at the very least above average genetics.

Just my opinion. I also agree with Steve that it's silly to worry about such things. It's quite likely that it doesn't affect you at all anyway.
Kleurplaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #23
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffryders View Post
.Anyone can achieve the same results if they had the right training. .
I don't think that's true. I'd say it's more likely that most people could follow his exact training, work as hard as he does, eat exactly the same and still wouldn't get anywhere close to that physique.

No doubt the guy has a terrific work ethic and dedication: I'm taking nothing away from his achievement. But like it or not, people vary tremendously in their ability to add muscle, and he's at the top of the genetic tree.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #24
scruffryders
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

scruffryders is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I don't think that's true. I'd say it's more likely that most people could follow his exact training, work as hard as he does, eat exactly the same and still wouldn't get anywhere close to that physique.

No doubt the guy has a terrific work ethic and dedication: I'm taking nothing away from his achievement. But like it or not, people vary tremendously in their ability to add muscle, and he's at the top of the genetic tree.
I agree with you..people can not do the same work to get the same results. They have to have a work out for their body type and growth development. Not everyone develop the same way and and their diet plays a good part. Martin is a big man and not everyone has his size. Who ever your trainer will be can help you with your needs as a body builder to help develop you and cut you the way you desire. Martin is a trainer and their are alot of good trainers out there. You just have to find the right one for you. There are even some professional body builders that will answer your questions for free. Martin is one of them. He is a very down to earth kind of guy.
scruffryders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #25
JBrown
Brawn
Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27 Points: 2,060, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributorJBrown is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
Never understand the debate of natural versus not. Never.

People choose to do what they want to look and lift how they want. End of story. There is no moral high ground in "not using." At least, not in my opinion.

Steroids are illegal in the U.S. If breaking the law doesn't affect one's morals than what does? It would be a very sad day for me to admit use to somebody I respect, under these terms.

For the record I'm not a prime example. Most certainly I'd use if income was solely reliant on athletic performance. Also, I've seen a number of your posts and I'm sure you're about as good as they come, fwiw.

Last edited by JBrown; 06-28-2013 at 07:15 PM.
JBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #26
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

"Natural" is such a loaded question too. Suppose a guy has low test or whatever and takes prescribed meds? Is he no longer natural? What about a kid in college bulking up with anabolics because his coach says he can go pro if he's bigger, but he doesn't go pro, stops using and years later decides to compete in lifting, can he compete as a natural? Etc. If you have to split hairs about this and that, then the question is faulty.

I will always believe what someone says until I have proof otherwise. But I do wish users would stay out of lower level competitions, away from newer lifters, and not write workouts or talk about training that naturals simply cannot do or talk about size goals naturals simply cannot hit.

Just my .02 Not intended to offend anybody. I generally do not care what people do, but it does bother me that some look for that chemical edge before they max out their natural potential. I understand why some do it, but wish it wasn't so easy for them to do it. I don't think that is a healthy way to look at a challenge when you are relatively new to the game.

Pro athletes doing whatever doesn't bother me at all, but kids in school? Guys who have only lifted a few years just so they can win some local meets or be the biggest guy in their gym? No, I don't see that being good at all.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote