Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Classic Bodybuilding Physique

What defines a classic bodybuilding physique to you? To me, a classic is all about natural.

--A natural, low bodyfat level that looks healthy and doesn't appear to require drugs to achieve.
--A natural muscle mass level that doesn't require drugs.
--A natural skin tone that can be tanned, but doesn't require a fake tanning product application.

These are merely my thoughts, and by no means am I claiming that they are the definition of a classic physique. Just throwing them out there for discussion.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

I don't tan so easily or at least when I do, it doesn't last long. My avatar is the darkest I've been in years and it ain't that dark. It's just I wasn't glowing white like I normally do

But I agree with what you listed there. The big boss here at work has this look. He's in his late 40's and has always been a fitness nut. He looks great and would fit this criteria well. He doesn't even use creatine. Just protein supp and food.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

this will take more time than I have right now,

'll be back

glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #4
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

To me a classic physique is one with a healthy amount of muscle, is as strong as it looks, and has a healthy tan, not the painted on look of the modern guys, but a nice natural look from being out in the sun. also the muscles should be symetrical and in proportion to one another, noting out of place kind of like one big puzzle. also it should be achievable without all the drugs and supps of the modern guys. and when in shape you shouldn't be to overly lean but in stead have a healthy amount of fat 8-10% approximately. guys like reeves, park, and eifferman are great examples
User owns 1x Super Squats
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

My personal preference would also include full muscle bellies, wide shoulders and a narrow waist. Unfortunately for me, all these are genetic factors, and I am on the wrong side on all counts.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
Grim83
Max Brawn

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
My personal preference would also include full muscle bellies, wide shoulders and a narrow waist. Unfortunately for me, all these are genetic factors, and I am on the wrong side on all counts.
kitar im with you there buddy, as far as the narrow shoulders and wide waist go, but i found a neat little stretch that really seems to have made me wider. all you do is grab a door frame or something else that is sturdy with one hand, put your feet against it, and then lean out, you should basically be making an l shape by now, then drop your hips even further, you will feel like your scalpula is being ripped out f its place, hold this for 30 sec and repeat with the other side, do this 2-3 times a day and you should get some more width to your shoulders
Old 11-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good points by all.

Full chest and biceps.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Classic.

There are lots of things that catch my eye that are classic. I have lots of interest, and things that I still want to do in my life. I wasn't born in the wrong time, rather, I appreciate the beauty of classic engineering in all forms.

The word classic and where my mind goes.

As far as bodybuilding goes it's no different. I like to see variety in physique's

Reg Park is the p-47 Thunderbolt, Zabo is the Spitfire.

This variety is missing today. There is no nuance, or subtle traits. Everything is taken to the extreme.

I like to cook, it's a hobby of mine that I really enjoy. Can you imagine what would happen if I was to put too much salt in a recipe? A little salt can bring out underlying flavors that you would otherwise miss. It's called balance.

Balance is what is missing today. The nuance and subtlety. Where are the Ed Corneys? The guys that can actually put a posing routine together, and floor you with a display of raw energy of the human body.

What happened to best body parts? It is our differences that make us unique. Everybody today is a clone, trying to fit into the same mold. 40 yeas ago, they all looked different.

All I can do is appreciate what was, and do my best to create my version of it on my own. I am an Army of one, join my Army.

I'm using Steve Reeves Formula, and the Grecian Formula as a basic battle plan for where my mission is heading.

Last edited by glwanabe; 11-18-2009 at 06:58 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:46 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Good post GL. Everything is so over-inflated with GH. Not many unique bodyparts anymore. They went the way of Platz, Arnold, and the gang.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
Grim83
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
All I can do is appreciate what was, and do my best to create my version of it on my own. I am an Army of one, join my Army.

I'm using Steve Reeves Formula, and the Grecian Formula as a basic battle plan for where my mission is heading.
I'm in for the fight brother.
the hell is the grecian formula, all i found is a mens hair dye

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/