Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
miked96
Max Brawn
Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member
Default Opinions wanted

I wasnt sure where to post this so I just put it in here. There is the eternal argument on any board whether you have to be strong to look strong. There is a school of thought that says you dont need to be concerned with strength in order to to achieve significant gains in muscle mass. The other side thinks the exact opposite. That weight matters. Lets assume that weight doesnt matter. You absolutely can gain 50 pounds of muscle by lifting 135 for a million reps. You can look like Dorian Yates and be as weak as a High School freshman. If thats is true, why would you want that?

Why would someone admire or aspire to look like they are something without actually being that thing? What would you call someone that had an expensive car,clothes, house, etc but he is up to his ass in debt? You would call him a fool and a fraud. He wants to appear to be successful without being it. Would any sane person aspire to be a fraud? So why would you want to look like you were strong when in fact you arent? Why is appearing to be capable of something more important than than actually being able to do it? Why do we seem to value that?

I am curious on everyones opinion on this. I would train heavy even if I could be 250 pounds of muscle doing Pilates but there are different opinions.

Last edited by miked96; 01-16-2013 at 05:25 PM.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links