Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 03:48 AM   #1
abett07
Senior Member
Brawn
Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 171
Reputation: 3465
abett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good posts
Default How do guys in prison get so big ?

How do so many guys in prison get so big and strong when they have a diet that is not close to being optimal for size and strength gains and take no supplements ?
abett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #2
Jagged Ice
Junior Member
Points: 142, Level: 2 Points: 142, Level: 2 Points: 142, Level: 2
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Flys, Shrugs & Curls
Fav Supp: Whey Protein & Creatine
Reputation: 760
Jagged Ice has made some quality postsJagged Ice has made some quality postsJagged Ice has made some quality postsJagged Ice has made some quality postsJagged Ice has made some quality postsJagged Ice has made some quality postsJagged Ice has made some quality posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post
How do so many guys in prison get so big and strong when they have a diet that is not close to being optimal for size and strength gains and take no supplements ?
You watch too many movies.
Jagged Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
abett07
Senior Member
Brawn
Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 171
Reputation: 3465
abett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged Ice View Post
You watch too many movies.
Based on the documentaries about life in prison I have seen a very large perecent of people in prison seem to real big and strong
abett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 AM   #4
Tannhauser
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
 
Tannhauser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 2,923
Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Reputation: 326815
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member
Default

If we assume that some at least are big and strong, one conclusion could be that a) supplements are by no means necessary to build size and strength and b) a traditional bodybuilder diet isn't needed either. At least for some.
__________________
Lifetime best: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
Fazc
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: U.K
Posts: 5,554
Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Reputation: 420568
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!
Default

What do the personal trainers at your gym say about this, Abett?
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #6
abett07
Senior Member
Brawn
Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 171
Reputation: 3465
abett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
What do the personal trainers at your gym say about this, Abett?
I am sure they would tell me something like all big dudes in prison have their very own personal trainers that they train with 2 hours a week ,paid for with the taxpayers money.No one gets big and strong without a PT.
abett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #7
leefarley
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: England UK
Posts: 2,494
Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
Reputation: 220351
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member
Default

i would imagine those big strong guys you talk of are that size before they entered prison,BTW i have watched similar documentary's and i admit i have thought the same thing.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
gaspers04
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
gaspers04's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Central Illinois
Posts: 5,517
Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
Reputation: 186096
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member
Default

Pulled this from an old thread, Sept 13 2010.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/beg...html#post81406

Okay lets get past one misconception, not all inmates turn into mass monsters. Approximately 90% of inmates overtrain and/or use the most unorthodox counter productive training approaches. I was watching guys in the yard the other day "Squating" 500lbs. and dude were they amped to the gills, until I yelled from the tower "go deeper". I wasn't trying to be an ass, but if you are claiming to do something then do it right. They were only dropping their ass about 3 inches, that's not even a good partial. Anyway, you do have your group of big dudes and your groups of powerlifters. These guys generally keep it simple to their goals, they eat what they can and there is this little thing called an Inmate Commissary. Here in this commissary the guys can buy all kinds of crap including sardines, tuna, roast beef and even protein bars. So, imagine training in an environment that encourages the training, access to calorie dense foods and even a supply protein rich foods, endless cardio (prison yards are large), an endless supply of iron and virtually no distractions (I guess that depends on who your cellie is).
__________________



Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #9
Tannhauser
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
 
Tannhauser's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 2,923
Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Reputation: 326815
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Okay lets get past one misconception, not all inmates turn into mass monsters. Approximately 90% of inmates overtrain and/or use the most unorthodox counter productive training approaches. I was watching guys in the yard the other day "Squating" 500lbs. and dude were they amped to the gills, until I yelled from the tower "go deeper". I wasn't trying to be an ass, but if you are claiming to do something then do it right. They were only dropping their ass about 3 inches, that's not even a good partial. Anyway, you do have your group of big dudes and your groups of powerlifters. These guys generally keep it simple to their goals, they eat what they can and there is this little thing called an Inmate Commissary. Here in this commissary the guys can buy all kinds of crap including sardines, tuna, roast beef and even protein bars. So, imagine training in an environment that encourages the training, access to calorie dense foods and even a supply protein rich foods, endless cardio (prison yards are large), an endless supply of iron and virtually no distractions (I guess that depends on who your cellie is).
Very interesting.
__________________
Lifetime best: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 
Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 80,720
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2578875
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Pulled this from an old thread, Sept 13 2010.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/beg...html#post81406

Okay lets get past one misconception, not all inmates turn into mass monsters. Approximately 90% of inmates overtrain and/or use the most unorthodox counter productive training approaches. I was watching guys in the yard the other day "Squating" 500lbs. and dude were they amped to the gills, until I yelled from the tower "go deeper". I wasn't trying to be an ass, but if you are claiming to do something then do it right. They were only dropping their ass about 3 inches, that's not even a good partial. Anyway, you do have your group of big dudes and your groups of powerlifters. These guys generally keep it simple to their goals, they eat what they can and there is this little thing called an Inmate Commissary. Here in this commissary the guys can buy all kinds of crap including sardines, tuna, roast beef and even protein bars. So, imagine training in an environment that encourages the training, access to calorie dense foods and even a supply protein rich foods, endless cardio (prison yards are large), an endless supply of iron and virtually no distractions (I guess that depends on who your cellie is).
This needs to be stickied on every lifting forum from here to Wazooville.

Next question...
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
big, guys, prison


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome to my world, Prison. gaspers04 General Board 22 06-19-2012 01:43 PM
Another prison-related question Tannhauser General Board 53 04-13-2012 04:26 PM
Prison and weight rooms Jesda General Board 38 04-12-2012 09:52 AM
Prison Jaskarn General Fitness & Health 17 02-10-2011 11:56 AM
I'm sorry guys.. TBtaylor52 Video 7 01-28-2011 08:06 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.