Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   why confuse the muscles ? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11924)

abett07 12-14-2012 10:38 AM

why confuse the muscles ?

why do so many guys talk about confusing the muscles ? wouldnt it make more sense for the muscles to know that we want them to get bigger and stronger ?

ehubbard 12-14-2012 10:43 AM

You're thinking too much.

bruteforce 12-14-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehubbard (Post 301435)

Pretty much. Lift heavier things. Lift them more times. Get big and strong.

abett07 12-14-2012 11:05 AM

come on guys if you want big muscles you need to do drop sets ,rest pause sets ,negative reps and than to keep you muscles guessing you need to work in diffrent rep ranges and keep on changing your workout.It's the only way to go .

Just adding weight to your compound lifts is way to simple

ricka182 12-14-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abett07 (Post 301440)
come on guys if you want big muscles you need to do drop sets ,rest pause sets ,negative reps and than to keep you muscles guessing you need to work in diffrent rep ranges and keep on changing your workout.It's the only way to go .

Just adding weight to your compound lifts is way to simple

Not sure if serious here...

I'll side with the two large gentlemen who already passed their advice. And this coming from a sucker who tried to confuse his muscles for years.

I now have my plan in place for the next year. Lift weights, eat right, sleep well. Grow and profit. Getting big will be my social life.

abett07 12-14-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricka182 (Post 301443)
Not sure if serious here...

I'll side with the two large gentlemen who already passed their advice. And this coming from a sucker who tried to confuse his muscles for years.

I now have my plan in place for the next year. Lift weights, eat right, sleep well. Grow and profit. Getting big will be my social life.

100% Not serious at all. I try and get bigger and stronger by focusing on the following 7 lifts.Squat,Deadlift,press,bench,row,pull-ups and dips(wish I could power clean).Add weight as often as possible .

train 3 times per week
eat
rest
grow

Muscle and Brawn has taught me well

SeventySeven 12-14-2012 12:56 PM

Rest Pause, drop sets all that stuff has a place. I wouldn't recommend them to novice lifters though.
Muscles adapt to stress, so changing the variables will help them grow. Can be as simple as adding weight or using other techniques as listed. Also using other lifts beyond the big compounds will never hurt once you have good handle on the big ones.
I personally like using bands or rest pause and partials on the final sets after failure.

Jagged Ice 01-04-2013 03:35 AM

The problem many have is due to not actually hitting failure. Just because your tired after your set does not = failure. My gains continue as long as I beat the hell out of my muscle each set.

Fazc 01-04-2013 04:15 AM

I confused my muscles with a maths quiz, they reached failure by the 7th question.

J_Byrd 01-04-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehubbard (Post 301435)

My muscles just got confused!