Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Has anyone here made big gains on a blender diet? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11736)

dan83 11-22-2012 03:11 PM

Has anyone here made big gains on a blender diet?

For me, the toughest part of adhering to a muscle-gain regimen is forcing myself to eat. I have TMJ, which in my case means that my lower left jawbone rubs violently against my upper left jawbone every time I chew, sending a nasty little pop right into my eardrum. Has anyone here gained substantial muscle on a diet of all-blended foods? How were your energy levels throughout the day? I've tentatively tried taking my diet in this direction before, but always found that liquid meals gave me a fast burst of energy with a steep drop-off, more-or-less regardless of what they consisted of. I'm wondering whether this problem could be a temporary thing which would disappear if I only persevered. Has anyone had a tough time with blended meals at first, but then come to live with them without problems? Of course I would not just be drinking some ready-made stuff like Myoplex six times a day; I'd include as many "real" foods as possible.

EliteDreams 11-22-2012 05:17 PM

Derek Poundstone makes chicken shakes,ive never treid it but always wanted to.Just never got around to it.Seems like it could work! Closest i've came is rocky road,milk,bananas and whey.Sorry,thats all i know.

BendtheBar 11-22-2012 05:19 PM

I cook using a lot of butter, heavy and cream cheese. With a little work I have learned how to make healthy, calorie dense foods that might work well for you. For example today I had Brussel sprouts in a cream sauce. Not much chewing involved and it was amazing. I use a similar cheese sauce on pasta for the kids, in healthy cheesecake, etc.

I certainly don't know what you go through, but I would definitely recommend looking into a higher natural fat style diet. I eat using this style and is is very satisfying and calorie dense.

I could easily make a protein cheesecake that is healthy and delicious. Here is a base in case you're curious.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/low...tml#post294332

Calorie density is your friend, and natural fats in sufficient quantities give me all the energy I can handle.

Fazc 11-22-2012 05:22 PM

TMJ sounds rough.

I think if the shakes are consisted of good quality carb sources mixed with protein and some added fats the whole thing should allow a more slow release of energy. Theoretically I don't see any viable reason why a diet consisting mostly of blender meals would be a massive problem.

But before you concoct a lot of potentially expensive and sugary blender shakes consider this one thing... Milk.

Drink whole fat milk, pints and pints throughout the day. It'll give you mostly everything you need from a supplement. If you want to get reeeeeeeal fancy then choco-milk. My first year of training I drank milk like it was water, even through my training sessions. It's really the way forward.

BendtheBar 11-22-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 294586)

But before you concoct a lot of potentially expensive and sugary blender shakes consider this one thing... Milk.

With a little heavy cream :)

Even toss in some cream cheese as a thickener. A nice, smooth, creamy protein shake with uber calories.

Fazc 11-22-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 294587)
With a little heavy cream :)

Even toss in some cream cheese as a thickener. A nice, smooth, creamy protein shake with uber calories.

Yeah definitely that works too.

I used to use whole milk, with added milk powder and bananas :rockon:

BendtheBar 11-22-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 294589)
Yeah definitely that works too.

I used to use whole milk, with added milk powder and bananas :rockon:

Forgot bananas. That works too.

Fazc 11-22-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 294590)
Forgot bananas. That works too.

I'm gettin thirsty!

LtL 11-22-2012 05:28 PM

Whole milk is the future. I've tasted it.

BendtheBar 11-22-2012 05:35 PM

Whole milk is king.