Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
dan83
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

dan83 is off to a bad start
Default Has anyone here made big gains on a blender diet?

For me, the toughest part of adhering to a muscle-gain regimen is forcing myself to eat. I have TMJ, which in my case means that my lower left jawbone rubs violently against my upper left jawbone every time I chew, sending a nasty little pop right into my eardrum. Has anyone here gained substantial muscle on a diet of all-blended foods? How were your energy levels throughout the day? I've tentatively tried taking my diet in this direction before, but always found that liquid meals gave me a fast burst of energy with a steep drop-off, more-or-less regardless of what they consisted of. I'm wondering whether this problem could be a temporary thing which would disappear if I only persevered. Has anyone had a tough time with blended meals at first, but then come to live with them without problems? Of course I would not just be drinking some ready-made stuff like Myoplex six times a day; I'd include as many "real" foods as possible.
dan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Derek Poundstone makes chicken shakes,ive never treid it but always wanted to.Just never got around to it.Seems like it could work! Closest i've came is rocky road,milk,bananas and whey.Sorry,thats all i know.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I cook using a lot of butter, heavy and cream cheese. With a little work I have learned how to make healthy, calorie dense foods that might work well for you. For example today I had Brussel sprouts in a cream sauce. Not much chewing involved and it was amazing. I use a similar cheese sauce on pasta for the kids, in healthy cheesecake, etc.

I certainly don't know what you go through, but I would definitely recommend looking into a higher natural fat style diet. I eat using this style and is is very satisfying and calorie dense.

I could easily make a protein cheesecake that is healthy and delicious. Here is a base in case you're curious.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/low...tml#post294332

Calorie density is your friend, and natural fats in sufficient quantities give me all the energy I can handle.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

TMJ sounds rough.

I think if the shakes are consisted of good quality carb sources mixed with protein and some added fats the whole thing should allow a more slow release of energy. Theoretically I don't see any viable reason why a diet consisting mostly of blender meals would be a massive problem.

But before you concoct a lot of potentially expensive and sugary blender shakes consider this one thing... Milk.

Drink whole fat milk, pints and pints throughout the day. It'll give you mostly everything you need from a supplement. If you want to get reeeeeeeal fancy then choco-milk. My first year of training I drank milk like it was water, even through my training sessions. It's really the way forward.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post

But before you concoct a lot of potentially expensive and sugary blender shakes consider this one thing... Milk.
With a little heavy cream

Even toss in some cream cheese as a thickener. A nice, smooth, creamy protein shake with uber calories.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Fazc
Max Brawn

Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
With a little heavy cream

Even toss in some cream cheese as a thickener. A nice, smooth, creamy protein shake with uber calories.
Yeah definitely that works too.

I used to use whole milk, with added milk powder and bananas
Old 11-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Yeah definitely that works too.

I used to use whole milk, with added milk powder and bananas
Forgot bananas. That works too.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
Fazc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Forgot bananas. That works too.
I'm gettin thirsty!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Whole milk is the future. I've tasted it.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Whole milk is king.