Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
SeventySeven
Max Brawn
Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48 Points: 5,586, Level: 48
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 1 year+
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Xtend
SeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machineSeventySeven is a lifting machine
Default Interesting post on Bodybuilding shows

Posted by Cliff Wilson on Friday, and I think he has some interesting points

I am going to make a statement that may be unpopular with some people but hear me out. I HATE THE NIGHT SHOW IN BODYBUILDING! I think that this is something that holds back the popularity of the sport. I propose that the prejudging be moved to night and make that the main event. Then only the top 3-5 placings would earn the right to do a posing routine.

As a fan of the sport I want to see the action and this happens at pre judging. The way our sport is set up is crazy. Let me put this in terms of another sport. I am also a basketball fan. This would be like me going to an NBA game at night. When I get to the game the announcer says, "right now we are going to have a skills competition with a 3 point and dunk contest. But guess what? It doesn't count for anything". Then the announcer would inform us that the two teams actually played a game this morning when nobody was around, and after all the skills were over he would then let us know who won the game that was played this morning. I would think, why in the hell didn't they play the game in front of me?

I realize that many in attendance at a bodybuilding night show are family members that don't know anything about the sport. How are they ever supposed to figure out what the sport is about if we don't give them a chance. I'd like to think that if someone watched a few prejudgings that they would start to pick up on what is going on. Besides the only time I hear the crowd get really fired up at a night show is during the overall posedown anyway. By the end of a night show everyone is burned out and we have to beg the fans for applause. It makes me a bit sad.

I realize that this will never happen but a guy can dream