Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
hax88
New Brawn
Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1 Points: 85, Level: 1
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

hax88 is off to a bad start
Default When to not work out

I was reading an article today and it said do not work out if you have chest congestion, muslce aches, chills, a fever about 100.4, you are taking a decongestant, or you feel fatigued or light headed.
hax88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
ffemtny
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributor

Army basic taught me I could work out with strep throat, little sleep and a high temp. Just drink a lot of water and ignore the naysayers. Your mind can push the body much further than you think.
ffemtny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hax88 View Post
I was reading an article today and it said do not work out if you have chest congestion, muslce aches, chills, a fever about 100.4, you are taking a decongestant, or you feel fatigued or light headed.
Listen to your body, obviously a congested chest or extremely high temperature wouldn't be the wisest time to workout since both can turn nasty; fatigued is a concern because there are danger issues with heavy weights, lightheaded, is the same...we see idiot youtubers, all the time, fainting and they're not even feeling faint to begin with, they just have poor technique, couple that with actually feeling faint and it's a recipe for disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemtny View Post
Army basic taught me I could work out with strep throat, little sleep and a high temp. Just drink a lot of water and ignore the naysayers. Your mind can push the body much further than you think.
There are times when you have to push through no matter what, in times of dire emergency but IMO that doesn't necessarily make it the right chocie for an everyday situation.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
ffemtny
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25 Points: 1,842, Level: 25
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

ffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributorffemtny is a dedicated contributor

5k,
I meant it to be somewhat humorous, most people don't work out when they are ready to drop. More importantly though if your sick keep your germs at home as I am not a fan of being sick.
ffemtny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
5k,
I meant it to be somewhat humorous, most people don't work out when they are ready to drop. More importantly though if your sick keep your germs at home as I am not a fan of being sick.
Sorry, on forums, sometimes you just can't tell dry humour in the written word smileys ftw
Old 11-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
quigs
Brawn
Points: 596, Level: 11 Points: 596, Level: 11 Points: 596, Level: 11
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

quigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good postsquigs has made some good posts

Quote:
5k,
I agree. I do not want the crap that you have, so stay out of the gym. I have seen some guys working out when they are sick, coughing all over the place and it is gross. Stay home and get better than you can catch up later.
quigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

i would never tell my clients to do this, but unless i physically cannot get out of bed due to illness or injury, i will lift if its a training day.

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote