Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What causes the butt wink ? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11238)

abett07 09-30-2012 06:55 AM

What causes the butt wink ?
 
I had an experience lifter who I trust at my gym yesterday have a look at my form on the the big 4 lifts.The feedback I got was that everything was fine but I have a butt wink as I get low on the deadlifts.I get the butt wink when going close to the ground with the squats but I can still go below Parallel without the butt wink occuring .so its only the deadlift that is the problem.

what usualy causes the butt wink ?

how can I fix this ?

LtL 09-30-2012 08:37 AM


Mark Bell has the answers you seek.

Al

Hazzard 09-30-2012 08:47 AM

An attractive lady walking past.

5kgLifter 10-01-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abett07 (Post 280926)
I had an experience lifter who I trust at my gym yesterday have a look at my form on the the big 4 lifts.The feedback I got was that everything was fine but I have a butt wink as I get low on the deadlifts.I get the butt wink when going close to the ground with the squats but I can still go below Parallel without the butt wink occuring .so its only the deadlift that is the problem.

what usualy causes the butt wink ?

how can I fix this ?

:confused: Squats, I understand with butt wink, deadlifts, however, I've never encountered anyone that can have butt wink issues with it...the butt is high up, not close to the ground; maybe you need to put up an image for this one becuase, I for one, just cannot see how butt wink can even be an issue with the deadlift form.

abett07 10-01-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 281114)
:confused: Squats, I understand with butt wink, deadlifts, however, I've never encountered anyone that can have butt wink issues with it...the butt is high up, not close to the ground; maybe you need to put up an image for this one becuase, I for one, just cannot see how butt wink can even be an issue with the deadlift form.

maybe I have the term butt wink confused , in any case I have a hard time keeping my back upright as I lower the bar down.

question, today I was practicing with an empty bar and looking into the mirror side on,I noticed it was only as the bar got just off the ground that my back couldnt stay upright, this I beleive was also the case when I had someone check my form.If I had 2 20 kilo plates on the end of the bar could my form be fine ?

BendtheBar 10-01-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abett07 (Post 281168)
question, today I was practicing with an empty bar and looking into the mirror side on,I noticed it was only as the bar got just off the ground that my back couldnt stay upright, this I beleive was also the case when I had someone check my form.If I had 2 20 kilo plates on the end of the bar could my form be fine ?

Empty bar isn't the best way to check form. Weight on your back will help keep everything tight and buried, as it should be. It's real hard to judge squat form with an empty bar.

Can you post your video here?

Are you going well below parallel by any chance?

kitarpyar 10-01-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 281191)
Empty bar isn't the best way to check form. Weight on your back will help keep everything tight and buried, as it should be. It's real hard to judge squat form with an empty bar.

Amen to that. My worst squat form is during the warm-up, with the empty bar. I find it easier to squat properly when there is at least some decent weight on the bar.

5kgLifter 10-01-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abett07 (Post 281168)
maybe I have the term butt wink confused , in any case I have a hard time keeping my back upright as I lower the bar down.

question, today I was practicing with an empty bar and looking into the mirror side on,I noticed it was only as the bar got just off the ground that my back couldnt stay upright, this I beleive was also the case when I had someone check my form.If I had 2 20 kilo plates on the end of the bar could my form be fine ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 281191)
Empty bar isn't the best way to check form. Weight on your back will help keep everything tight and buried, as it should be. It's real hard to judge squat form with an empty bar.

Can you post your video here?

Are you going well below parallel by any chance?

Ahem...deadlift...




Well, as far as I know this is about deadlifts not squats ;)

BendtheBar 10-01-2012 10:43 AM

Oh...butt wink on deadlifts....sorry. I never heard of butt wink on deadlifts. My apology for not reading this close enough.

BendtheBar 10-01-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

The feedback I got was that everything was fine but I have a butt wink as I get low on the deadlifts.
Your setup is wrong and you're probably getting way too low. Something is broken if your butt is rolling noticeably during deadlift setup. Hard to say what without a video.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.