Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What is your biggest obstacle? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11168)

shepowerhelen 09-20-2012 09:50 AM

What is your biggest obstacle?

I have been lifting for a while and while I do not have any issues or obstacles right now, when I first started I did. People in my family just could not wrap their heads around the fact that I wanted to improve the way I looked. My cousin even told me that it was not natural for woman to be bulky and big like that. But now they are more understanding. They see me as being fit and not just some huge muscle lady. What have you all faced?

angie828 09-20-2012 10:46 AM

I too have faced that Helen. But I did not care. I wanted to better myself so I did not let anyone stand in my way. It is my life and I will live it how I want to live it, and I do not care who tries to stand in my way and knock me down. I will succeed no matter what.

Chillen 09-20-2012 11:12 AM

To me its always a battle with the self, and how you psychologically view your environmental stimulus as it applies to your goal wants, and the level of heart and perspective you have for your personal goal.

If the level is adequate enough there is not a person on earth (with family, friends, or anyone) that can penetrate the heart that desires. If it does, then your "reaction" to this stimulus is counter productive and you must re-examine your perspective on your goal and level of desire to achieve what you want.

Your inner being must be stronger than ANY stimulus that the body receives from the outside environment.

Anyone who has been successful has done this more often than not.

Peace and happiness to you and your family,

Don

J_Byrd 09-20-2012 11:18 AM

I am lucky to have a family that understands I want to be the best I can be. Lots of sacrifice in the areas of food, and time. The real issue for me is actually injuries. They are part of the sport and lift in, so I just have to work with them.

BendtheBar 09-20-2012 11:56 AM

My biggest obstacle is motivation. I would like to sit here and pretend that I am some superhuman who never wavers mentally, but many days I just want to pull the age card and do something easier.

I owe it to myself to keep going, because this is something I really want.

Mr.Silverback 09-20-2012 12:12 PM

Injuries, money, time...are just some but in my heart I won't let anyone stop me from being my best.I wasn't the most gifted kid growing up but I worked hard at everything and now I found something I'm good at and nothing will stop me from being my best

moeheep 09-20-2012 12:59 PM

It was knowledge of what I was doing, until I found this site. Now I am making real gains....which leads to real motivation.

MikeM 09-20-2012 01:23 PM

Lack of discipline is my biggest obstacle and a constant struggle.

Traphouse86 09-20-2012 03:03 PM

My biggest obstacle is not realizing my true potential. It seems no matter how much progress I make , I always tend to limit myself in my mind. It's something that has always haunted me every since I wanted to get strong.

Fazc 09-20-2012 03:12 PM

Time I guess.

Life pulls you in many directions, moreso as you grow older. Just a matter of doing as much as you can, while you're still here :)