Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   The Abercrombie Workout (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11097)

BendtheBar 09-13-2012 06:44 PM

The Abercrombie Workout

The Abercrombie Workout: Abercrombie and Fitch Models Strategic Muscle Building | Abercrombie Workout Routine Secrets

Quote:

1) Squats- Do a great job of adding a lot of mass to your thighs and butt. You do NOT want this! Abercrombie models don’t have huge butts or thighs because it will ruin their look. They also won’t be able to fit into stylish pants.

2) Dead Lifts- This lift also does an incredible job of adding mass to the midsection, thighs, and butt. Adding mass to your midsection will ruin the natural “V” in your upper body. Take a moment and study their physique. They all have nice wide shoulder that tapers down to a small and lean waist.

Note: This is why I skip direct leg work completely. If you have been lifting legs for any length of time I can almost guarantee that you have enough leg mass(probably too much already). You are NOT committing a bodybuilding crime by skipping legs! Get that out of your head. You will thank me later.
Because natural bodybuilders have massive waistlines. What nonsense.

I agree with the leg size, but what model would want a nice butt. Who knew...

M&S interviews a lot of top fitness models and they usually don't train any differently that bodybuilders. But don't take my word for it, go read their interviews yourself.

kitarpyar 09-13-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 276454)
M&S interviews a lot of top fitness models and they usually don't train any differently that bodybuilders. But don't take my word for it, go read their interviews yourself.

Weird. There's been an abercrombie workout posted years back, and it sounds way different. Here, take a look - they actually squat 2x week. In the later phases, they add in barbell rows too, even though the deadlift doesn't appear.

Phase One Workout

BendtheBar 09-13-2012 09:06 PM

Interesting. Seems the latest version panders more towards its demographics.

5kgLifter 09-14-2012 03:23 PM

I'm not even certain the first link has anything to do with Abercrombie workouts to begin with since it contains a link to an e-book selling the guy's wares; maybe just a great hook line and sinker style set-up for people looking for that physique who end up finding his post and going to buy his e-book...

SeventySeven 09-14-2012 03:31 PM

most of these models are like 150 lbs anyway how can you have big legs at 150?

5kgLifter 09-14-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeventySeven (Post 276701)
most of these models are like 150 lbs anyway how can you have big legs at 150?

It's not the size, it's the illusion of size ;)

:D