Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member
Default What 20 years of progress looks like as a drug free bodybuilder.

One of the most dedicated drug free guys out there. Jeff Alberts.
1992 and 2012

So if you think without drugs you will look like a hulk in 1-2 years, your kidding yourself and wasting your time.

This is why I stress taking pics. You yourself don't see changes or your progress. Heres a guy that keep a pic from 20 years ago so he could replicate same close, do the same lift.

Anal like this is what put you in the top of your league. The rest will just give you with a crick in the neck looking up to the people that do make it to the top.

Anal = Top shelf-in with the best
Non anal = average-street walker

In anything you do.

I call it how it is. If I offended you, then its time for you yourself, to look at your goals and how much true effort and will power you put in.

Or are you just going threw the actions to make it look good.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
One of the most dedicated drug free guys out there. Jeff Alberts.
He looks great!

Quote:
So if you think without drugs you will look like a hulk in 1-2 years, your kidding yourself and wasting your time.

This is why I stress taking pics. You yourself don't see changes or your progress. Heres a guy that keep a pic from 20 years ago so he could replicate same close, do the same lift.
I think most people really understand this, which is why many DO use. I get the overall point, but I would hesitate to emphasize the 20 years of hard work because that is a long time to delay gratification. If I thought it would take me 20 years to get the size I have now, I may have made different choices.

That said, I'd very much be interested in seeing more of his progress pics to see reinforce how much muscle can be gained naturally over a period of time (2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years).
Old 08-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Fantastic.

He actually looks in good shape even in the 1992 snap. Wonder whether his lifting journey has been a bit longer than 20 years.

Quote:
This is why I stress taking pics. You yourself don't see changes or your progress.
Yes. Anyone interested in physique building should keep that record.

Not only do you "see" the changes, they can actually be motivational. At least, for me, that's how it works. When I feel that I am not progressing, a look at the "before" snap (it was not intended as a "before" snap then, lol, but I have it, and it serves to remind me where I started) - taken few days prior to entering a gym - reminds of how much progress I have already made, and what I am capable of doing if I get my focus right.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
He looks great!

I think most people really understand this, which is why many DO use. I get the overall point, but I would hesitate to emphasize the 20 years of hard work because that is a long time to delay gratification. If I thought it would take me 20 years to get the size I have now, I may have made different choices.

That said, I'd very much be interested in seeing more of his progress pics to see reinforce how much muscle can be gained naturally over a period of time (2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years).
I apologize. Once again I forgot to be specific. It should be "For competitive bodybuilders" seen as they cut at least once a year for there shows.

When it comes to making gains you CAN NOT compare a competitive bodybuilder with a person that never cuts yearly for the stage. Its apples and oranges once again.

Its like comparing a able body's gains to my gains. No way can they be compared. As a wheelchair, my upper body compensates more for lack of leg use than for a able body. I do NO deads, NO Bb Rows, NO squats. And yet I have a back that is top notch and can out do many able body drug free guys.

I know NO competitive bodybuilders drug free or not, that wait till they are there best before they step on stage the first time.

Competitive bodybuilding is all about beating YOUR last stage package not beating the guy next to you. No matter if its tan, dieting down, size or symmetry. Way to many loose sight of this.

But here are some pics you asked for.

2009 and 2010
Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Fantastic.

He actually looks in good shape even in the 1992 snap. Wonder whether his lifting journey has been a bit longer than 20 years.
Jeff started in the mid 80's at 17 years old.
lol rocking a mullet. lol

The first pic is from his 2nd show ever.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Great thread Rich!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Makes total sense Rich, and it's nice to see his progression through the years!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

He should grow the mullet back

Al
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #9
Jesda
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25 Points: 1,839, Level: 25

Jesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good postsJesda has made some very good posts

Looks great. that is some severe motivation.
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
Trent
Brawn
Points: 1,353, Level: 20 Points: 1,353, Level: 20 Points: 1,353, Level: 20
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Trent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality postsTrent has made some quality posts

Looking good. I think that the photo taking is an excellent idea. It will just show you how much progress you have made.
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote