Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What 20 years of progress looks like as a drug free bodybuilder. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10969)

Rich Knapp 08-30-2012 07:57 AM

What 20 years of progress looks like as a drug free bodybuilder.
 
One of the most dedicated drug free guys out there. Jeff Alberts.
1992 and 2012

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...94040671_n.jpg

So if you think without drugs you will look like a hulk in 1-2 years, your kidding yourself and wasting your time.


This is why I stress taking pics. You yourself don't see changes or your progress. Heres a guy that keep a pic from 20 years ago so he could replicate same close, do the same lift.

Anal like this is what put you in the top of your league. The rest will just give you with a crick in the neck looking up to the people that do make it to the top.

Anal = Top shelf-in with the best
Non anal = average-street walker

In anything you do.

I call it how it is. If I offended you, then its time for you yourself, to look at your goals and how much true effort and will power you put in.

Or are you just going threw the actions to make it look good.

MC 08-30-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 272473)
One of the most dedicated drug free guys out there. Jeff Alberts.

He looks great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 272473)
So if you think without drugs you will look like a hulk in 1-2 years, your kidding yourself and wasting your time.


This is why I stress taking pics. You yourself don't see changes or your progress. Heres a guy that keep a pic from 20 years ago so he could replicate same close, do the same lift.

I think most people really understand this, which is why many DO use. I get the overall point, but I would hesitate to emphasize the 20 years of hard work because that is a long time to delay gratification. If I thought it would take me 20 years to get the size I have now, I may have made different choices.

That said, I'd very much be interested in seeing more of his progress pics to see reinforce how much muscle can be gained naturally over a period of time (2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years).

kitarpyar 08-30-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 272473)

Fantastic.

He actually looks in good shape even in the 1992 snap. Wonder whether his lifting journey has been a bit longer than 20 years.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 272473)
This is why I stress taking pics. You yourself don't see changes or your progress.

Yes. Anyone interested in physique building should keep that record.

Not only do you "see" the changes, they can actually be motivational. At least, for me, that's how it works. When I feel that I am not progressing, a look at the "before" snap (it was not intended as a "before" snap then, lol, but I have it, and it serves to remind me where I started) - taken few days prior to entering a gym - reminds of how much progress I have already made, and what I am capable of doing if I get my focus right.

Rich Knapp 08-30-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *MC* (Post 272476)
He looks great!



I think most people really understand this, which is why many DO use. I get the overall point, but I would hesitate to emphasize the 20 years of hard work because that is a long time to delay gratification. If I thought it would take me 20 years to get the size I have now, I may have made different choices.

That said, I'd very much be interested in seeing more of his progress pics to see reinforce how much muscle can be gained naturally over a period of time (2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years).

I apologize. Once again I forgot to be specific. It should be "For competitive bodybuilders" seen as they cut at least once a year for there shows.

When it comes to making gains you CAN NOT compare a competitive bodybuilder with a person that never cuts yearly for the stage. Its apples and oranges once again.

Its like comparing a able body's gains to my gains. No way can they be compared. As a wheelchair, my upper body compensates more for lack of leg use than for a able body. I do NO deads, NO Bb Rows, NO squats. And yet I have a back that is top notch and can out do many able body drug free guys.

I know NO competitive bodybuilders drug free or not, that wait till they are there best before they step on stage the first time. ;)

Competitive bodybuilding is all about beating YOUR last stage package not beating the guy next to you. No matter if its tan, dieting down, size or symmetry. Way to many loose sight of this.

But here are some pics you asked for.

1993
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...71386831_n.jpg

1995
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...16897974_n.jpg

2000
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...99818538_n.jpg

2002
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...88506243_n.jpg

2009 and 2010
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...41011864_n.jpg

Rich Knapp 08-30-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitarpyar (Post 272479)
Fantastic.

He actually looks in good shape even in the 1992 snap. Wonder whether his lifting journey has been a bit longer than 20 years.

Jeff started in the mid 80's at 17 years old.
lol rocking a mullet. lol
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...66092893_n.jpg

The first pic is from his 2nd show ever.

BendtheBar 08-30-2012 10:31 AM

Great thread Rich!

MC 08-30-2012 11:23 AM

Makes total sense Rich, and it's nice to see his progression through the years!

LtL 08-30-2012 11:42 AM

He should grow the mullet back :rockon:

Al

Jesda 08-31-2012 01:49 PM

Looks great. that is some severe motivation.

Trent 09-09-2012 03:54 PM

Looking good. I think that the photo taking is an excellent idea. It will just show you how much progress you have made.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.