Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2012 CBBF nationals SHW first callout , who do you think won? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10941)

SeventySeven 08-27-2012 02:22 PM

2012 CBBF nationals SHW first callout , who do you think won?
 
I think the winner is pretty clear...


BendtheBar 08-27-2012 02:27 PM

Guy in the middle has no quad separation. Did he win?

SeventySeven 08-27-2012 02:36 PM

negative the man on the right did, maybe the judges were notlooking to the left?

LtL 08-27-2012 02:39 PM

Antoine on the right won I believe. Guy in the middle is blowing hard and looks to be cramping. Combined with his legs holding water by the look of it tells me something went wrong. Can anyone, looking at you Rich Knapp :), shed light on what he is going through right there?

Al

BendtheBar 08-27-2012 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Guy on the right has much better legs, calves and forearms, much weaker shoulders and lats. Guy on the right has better biceps (by a hair). I think the guy on the right has a smaller waist and much better arm and leg aesthetics too.

So weighing these, for me I see the guy on the right with a lot more going for him, but very weak lats and shoulders.

Gun to my head, I would probably give the nod to the guy on the right. Don't hate me, I still love you.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/att...1&d=1346096684

5kgLifter 08-27-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 271654)
Guy on the right has much better legs, calves and forearms, much weaker shoulders and lats. Guy on the right has better biceps (by a hair). I think the guy on the right has a smaller waist and much better arm and leg aesthetics too.

So weighing these, for me I see the guy on the right with a lot more going for him, but very weak lats and shoulders.



From the backshot though, I felt his back looked much better than either of the other two.

I would have picked the guy on the right as well.

BendtheBar 08-27-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 271656)
From the backshot though, I felt his back looked much better than either of the other two.

I would have picked the guy on the right as well.

I'll have to check. I get motion sickness from shaky cam and couldn't watch too long.

Rich Knapp 08-28-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 271650)
Antoine on the right won I believe. Guy in the middle is blowing hard and looks to be cramping. Combined with his legs holding water by the look of it tells me something went wrong. Can anyone, looking at you Rich Knapp :), shed light on what he is going through right there?

Al

lol were do I start.

IMO:

The center guy:
  • Big mass monster ( no detailed separation just main muscles)
  • NO lower back separation
  • OUT of conditioning - couldn't hold a flex longer than 3-4 seconds.

Both guys more the one on right, out shined center guy in:
  • Tan
  • Hamstrings
  • quad flex (center guy couldn't hold one for shit).
  • Sartorius development, center guy don't even look like he has them. :confused:

IMO a case of were the center guy thought pure mass and no attention to detail would get him a win.

If the guy on right would bring his elbows down 2" in the double Bi's lining up all his joints and letting his bellies do the work and not try to force a size illusion but let the illusion flow, his lats (judging by lat spreads) would come out at least another 1" per side on his front and rear bi poses also it would give him more thickness in lats seen as they aren't stretched out as much. . A case of bad posing making him look smaller than he is.

A NPC, IFBB show center guy may have won. All depends on the fed of the show and there judging criteria. Here is a point were bar stool judges piss me off also. They have NO idea what the judging criteria is for that feds judging unless they have tested and studied to be a judge, and yet they think they know more from pics and video's that the judges that are 4' away from them with the best view there is.

CBBF is a branch of the NPC/IFBB so I am suprised if the center guy didn't win.

Bodybuilding is about attention to detailing mass, among the many many other things. Being a big @ss blob even if your dieted down don't win you crap. (most the time)

LtL 08-28-2012 09:44 AM

Great insight Rich thanks. That was exactly what I was looking for. I was especially interested as to why the centre guy couldn't hold a pose for shit.

I'm pretty sure that the right hand guy won overall and got his pro card which at least is a nod towards proper judging and conditioning.

Al

BendtheBar 08-28-2012 09:48 AM

Rich your bodybuilding insights are invaluable. We appreciate them. Thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.