Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanWIP View Post

Most everything works, but why?
Analyze those who are successful at building muscle and you get common themes like:

1) Long term dedication. (At least 2-3 years minimum commitment)
2) They improved their strength dramatically during this time.
3) Dedication to an eating plan, whatever this plan may be.

They are super-committed, highly motivated, rarely miss workouts, know what they are eating and when they are eating it, and have progressed in strength.

I've chronicled over 300 bodybuilders and top fitness models and to a T every one of them has a crazy level of commitment. I've never met one that didn't know how many calories they were generally eating each day. Guessing is never a part of their equation, whether it be training or diet.

My focus is to get people focused on these basics. Without them I know they will probably fail at building a lot of muscle. Beyond that, past the first couple years of training, I'll let the more advanced guys guide them with studies, etc., and advanced training concepts.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-20-2012 at 12:25 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #12
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Nothing is ever simple and anything simple can be made complex, if someone decided to make it so (Number 1...couldn't resist, sorry )

But, lifting more, whether via volume or heavy load, coupled with eating more, should always in theory work for anyone to put lean mass on; as for lift big to get big, nope...there are loads of big people around, that have the eating part sussed, but they don't lift.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #13
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

the progression side of things that btb was talking about is very true i have only learned how to progress in weight about 7 odd months ago by reading steve articles over at muscle and strength,until then any previous weight training i had done was a waste of time.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
moeheep
Max Brawn
Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65 Points: 9,512, Level: 65
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
the progression side of things that btb was talking about is very true i have only learned how to progress in weight about 7 odd months ago by reading steve articles over at muscle and strength,until then any previous weight training i had done was a waste of time.
Same situation for me!
moeheep is offline   Reply With Quote