Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
lzaar
New Brawn
Points: 223, Level: 4 Points: 223, Level: 4 Points: 223, Level: 4
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

lzaar is off to a good startlzaar is off to a good startlzaar is off to a good start
Default Concentration

How neccessary is concentration to you while you are lifting? I do not like to be bothered and really like to concentrate on my form. But I have seen other lifters not really so much paying attention to what they are really doing. I would much prefer to do my socializing after I am all done with my workouts.
lzaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Socialization must not be done in the gym, unless....... disregard. lol

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

For me its all about consistency during a session. When I did train with others, I started the session off with distraction of socializing and whatnot. Because of that, it felt as though it was apart of the environment and it wasn't a distraction.

That said, I was able to shut off my mind within the second prior to a lift. Clear the mind and perform the lift before getting back to whatever it was.

On the otherhand when I'd start off training alone and someone or some distraction would come around half way through my session, I'd well... get distracted. That person or thing moving around or making noise was not apart of the environment before and is now sticking out like a sore thumb. My focus, as much as I try not, is diverted.

Same goes for music. If I begin a session without music, turning something on part way through a session becomes a HUGE distraction. But having it on from the beginning does nothing.

Either way, you gotta have a clear mind right before the lift and during it. Without that, it won't matter if your miles from a distraction or you have someone lighting fire crackers right next to your head.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

i hate being disturbed when i'm lifting it really p#sses me off
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #5
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

I don't mind a little chit-chat between sets on heavy day when there is time between sets, but on a speed day it's bothersome. I don't rest long between sets. If someone wants to talk while I'm lifting, so be it. But I won't stop to listen.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #6
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

When I'm training, I'm in kill-mode. Nothing more than a few words or a grunt or two between sets.

Conversation is for after training.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Obviously during the set concentrate on what you're doing but I joke around between sets.

I learned early on you have to have the ability to disassociate yourself from the world when the set is about to start, but then relax in between sets. If you keep yourself hyped up for 1-2 hours you'll burn yourself out. Or worse try that on competition day where you could be lifting for 8 hours or more and see where that gets you.

People need to learn when to switch it on, and when to switch it off.

Last edited by Fazc; 08-04-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
squatz
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

squatz is off to a bad start

No talking for me. I get in and get done what I need to then I figure I can go out and socialize later.
squatz is offline   Reply With Quote