Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Calf Growth by John Parillo. (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10613)

TitanCT 07-18-2012 09:25 PM

Calf Growth by John Parillo.
 

Fazc 07-19-2012 03:54 AM

I remember Parillo from the 90s in the old Musclemag. He used to bang on about stretching a lot. Stretch the fascia to allow the muscle to grow or something. I think his son may have gone into it as well as a personal trainer. Parillo Performance or something.

He looks bat-shit crazy in this video though! Forward to about 4:00 people ...

"Don’t lie to me butter bean. We’re taking it up a notch!” ... I think Btb might get the reference.

BendtheBar 07-19-2012 09:01 AM


TitanCT 07-19-2012 04:18 PM

fascia stretching is pretty common nowadays. lots of PL'ers and BB'ers use it. its the entire basis for FST7 in fact. pump and fascia stretch.

Fazc 07-19-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanCT (Post 260684)
fascia stretching is pretty common nowadays. lots of PL'ers and BB'ers use it. its the entire basis for FST7 in fact. pump and fascia stretch.

It is very popular indeed. I remember a trainer called Charles Glass picking up where Parillo left off and popularising stretching as well as a bunch of other stuff. He was the trainer of the champs for a good long while.

WilldBill88 07-19-2012 07:31 PM

One of the guys I use to work with use to do bodybuilding and his calves were huge! I asked him what exercises he did. He said he hardly trained them and they just got big from hiking, jump-roping and bicycling.. Not sure if that is the case but, they were impressive.

TitanCT 07-19-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 260719)
It is very popular indeed. I remember a trainer called Charles Glass picking up where Parillo left off and popularising stretching as well as a bunch of other stuff. He was the trainer of the champs for a good long while.

glass is a legend!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilldBill'88 (Post 260743)
One of the guys I use to work with use to do bodybuilding and his calves were huge! I asked him what exercises he did. He said he hardly trained them and they just got big from hiking, jump-roping and bicycling.. Not sure if that is the case but, they were impressive.

some people have good genes overall or for certain body parts. my friends calves are huge, he's done 3 calf workouts in 20 years.
i kill mine and they dont grow, but i sneeze and my back adds an inch.

WilldBill88 07-20-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanCT (Post 260748)
glass is a legend!



some people have good genes overall or for certain body parts. my friends calves are huge, he's done 3 calf workouts in 20 years.
i kill mine and they dont grow, but i sneeze and my back adds an inch.

:rockon:

True, I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.