Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #11
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Yes!

I'm not totally opposed to them, but given the choice between the two, I'll take standing. You work with what you have.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

BTW, Marius Pudzianowski loves presses from behind the neck. That makes me feel slightly better.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #13
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Where were we, when I had to leave yesterday? Oh yes, behind the neck presses.

I like behind the neck presses. I've never had a problem with them. When I was doing the OLY lift workout I was doing snatch width grip BNP's. Not only that, but. Do BNP while down in the squat position. Talk about a whole new level of omfg hard.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Where were we, when I had to leave yesterday? Oh yes, behind the neck presses.

I like behind the neck presses. I've never had a problem with them. When I was doing the OLY lift workout I was doing snatch width grip BNP's. Not only that, but. Do BNP while down in the squat position. Talk about a whole new level of omfg hard.
Personally, I feel more shoulder strain when squatting. My shoulders are getting tighter with age...which sucks. But with presses behind the neck I never dip below ear level. I know some guys are flexible and do push press from the shoulders. No way I'll ever get to do those.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 AM   #15
glwanabe
Max Brawn

We gotta get you stretching, and increasing your flexability.

I'm just as guilty of not stretching as much as I should be. Gotta make it part of the routine. Stretch on my off days, you too.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
We gotta get you stretching, and increasing your flexability.

I'm just as guilty of not stretching as much as I should be. Gotta make it part of the routine. Stretch on my off days, you too.
I would if I had time. I'm sure you know how that is Heck, I'd even try Yoga if I had time.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #17
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I would if I had time. I'm sure you know how that is Heck, I'd even try Yoga if I had time.
That would probably be fun!!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
That would probably be fun!!
Especially with the right female instructor, but I digress...

But in all seriousness, have any of us every heard of someone tearing their RC on these lifts?

Old 10-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #19
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Especially with the right female instructor, but I digress...

But in all seriousness, have any of us every heard of someone tearing their RC on these lifts?

I have not. I hear of Pitchers more than any others with RC problems.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
I have not. I hear of Pitchers more than any others with RC problems.
That's where most of my adult RC issues come from. I pitched about 300 pitches a day from the age of 10 to 22. We lived outside playing baseball (had a playground across from the house).

My shoulders grind to this day from all that pitching. I'd hate to see the scar tissue.