Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #11
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Funny is one way to put it.
well i was being nice, personally i find it sad, i agree with cpb that natty comps should quit trying to be like the steroid users, and move back to the golden era
User owns 1x Super Squats
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
does anyone else find it funny that these magazines often feature supplement ads featuring the same roid infested guys they protest lol
Of course. I find it funny. Take away the supplements and the house of cards collapses.

But nothing surprises me. SDI-Labs, the biggest joke in the supplement industry, and a blatant scammer, is allowed to have full page ads in most major bodybuilding magazines.

But at least the articles in that magazine aren't propelled by supplement sales.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #13
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
well i was being nice, personally i find it sad, i agree with cpb that natty comps should quit trying to be like the steroid users, and move back to the golden era
I didn't want to say they were whores, for spreading the pages to the gear dudes. They have to make a buck, and thats ok. Like MAB said, the articles are at least not driven.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #14
Grim83
Max Brawn

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I didn't want to say they were whores, for spreading the pages to the gear dudes. They have to make a buck, and thats ok. Like MAB said, the articles are at least not driven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Of course. I find it funny. Take away the supplements and the house of cards collapses.

But nothing surprises me. SDI-Labs, the biggest joke in the supplement industry, and a blatant scammer, is allowed to have full page ads in most major bodybuilding magazines.

But at least the articles in that magazine aren't propelled by supplement sales.
true but come on, if your going to be about something then be about it damn it, it would be like americans and nazis having a barbeque during WWII i mean "Just because we're trying to kill eachother doesn't mean we have to hate each other"
Old 11-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
true but come on, if your going to be about something then be about it damn it, it would be like americans and nazis having a barbeque during WWII i mean "Just because we're trying to kill eachother doesn't mean we have to hate each other"
I agree.

If I ran the world, I wouldn't allow hyped-supplement ads...Oh, wait! I run this website, and don't allow hype.

There, I did something about it.

I also spend 8 hours a day promoting natural bodybuilding, writing for natural bodybuilding, interviewing natural bodybuilders, doing natural bodybuilder profiles, talking to natural bodybuilding feds, all while not promoting hyped-supplements.

So, I do my best every day to do something about it.

BTW, that's a free magazine. And it's one of the only magazines in the industry that allows indy voices to be heard and published without pressuring the writers to push supplements.

Small victories.

I'm not beating the drum for Natural Muscle Mag, because I'm sure they make money off the "hyped" supplement industry. (not ripping on legit supplements like creatine, test boosters, proteins, etc.)

The true test for each of us is what do we do when the check is waved in front of our face. I get that check in front of my face every day. behind the scenes of a moderately-sized lifting site, it's madness. I get supplement and steroid scammers looking to place ads all the time.

I refuse their money. But my kids have to eat.

So go! Lead then to MAB! Now! Feed my children!

Seriously, because I refuse bullcrap ads, I make a whopping $200 a month on this site. 25% of that goes to pay the server bill. Much of the rest I give back to the community for articles, and with contests.

Ask Bodybygamma. I've paid him money this week for his articles.

Ask RippednMichigan. I've given him cash for work for the site.

I'm not trying to elevate myself to king of the world. All I'm saying is that many lifters take the Holy ground until the check is placed in front of their face. That's when the men are separated from the boys.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-17-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #16
Grim83
Max Brawn

Quote:
I agree.

If I ran the world, I wouldn't allow hyped-supplement ads...Oh, wait! I run this website, and don't allow hype.

I also spend 8 hours a day promoting natural bodybuilding, writing for natural bodybuilding, interviewing natural bodybuilders, doing natural bodybuilder profiles, talking to natural bodybuilding feds, all while not promoting hyped-supplements.

well i just go online and bitch lol
Old 11-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
well i just go online and bitch lol
You want to write articles, so I know you're heart is with teaching. Keep that mindset. Educate those that want to learn.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
Grim83
Max Brawn

Quote:
You want to write articles, so I know you're heart is with teaching. Keep that mindset. Educate those that want to learn.
Thanks man
Old 11-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #19
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

That's a free mag?
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
I agree.

BTW, that's a free magazine. And it's one of the only magazines in the industry that allows indy voices to be heard and published without pressuring the writers to push supplements.

Small victories.

I'm not beating the drum for Natural Muscle Mag, because I'm sure they make money off the "hyped" supplement industry. (not ripping on legit supplements like creatine, test boosters, proteins, etc.)

The true test for each of us is what do we do when the check is waved in front of our face. I get that check in front of my face every day. behind the scenes of a moderately-sized lifting site, it's madness. I get supplement and steroid scammers looking to place ads all the time.

I refuse their money. But my kids have to eat.

So go! Lead then to MAB! Now! Feed my children!

Seriously, because I refuse bullcrap ads, I make a whopping $200 a month on this site. 25% of that goes to pay the server bill. Much of the rest I give back to the community for articles, and with contests.

Ask Bodybygamma. I've paid him money this week for his articles.

Ask RippednMichigan. I've given him cash for work for the site.

I'm not trying to elevate myself to king of the world. All I'm saying is that many lifters take the Holy ground until the check is placed in front of their face. That's when the men are separated from the boys.

VERY NICE!!!

Gotta respect a Man that stands by his principles. There's fewer of them these days.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote